FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 58 of 109 First ... 848565758596068108 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    In your Skills Card add Attribute 1, Attribute 2, Attribute 3.
    Now... this is where it gets funky...

You either put the script on the Attributes - and then you would be doing onValueChanged() scripts - or you use DB.addHandlers that run on the skills and watch teh attributes...

Let me think on it.

It was a long shot I could figure this out on my own. I setup the 4 windows and changed the names (including on the iadd and idelete buttons). But they are still linked. When I click on the "iadd" button, it creates a listing in all four. First screen grab is of the "craft skills" window, second is of the craft skills window "iadd" button.

skilllist01.PNG

skilllist02.PNG
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 14th, 2021 at 02:32.

Blog Entries
    They also need a unique Source
    Or they can share a source but you apply a filter (more complex but has some advantages in some situations).

OK, but "source" in this case is ".skilllist" which refers to the "Skills" window created on the desktop, correct? So I would have to create 4 separate "Skills" windows. That would just get to be too much I think, considering most are only going to have a few from each category. If that's the case, I will just have one skills window on the CS and not worry about keeping the categories.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 14th, 2021 at 11:39.

Blog Entries
    Why is it too much?
    you have other lists for items and currency and languages.
    there is no measurable overhead in adding another list inside the xml

.skillphysical
    .skillcombat
    .skillcommunication
    .skillcraft

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Why is it too much?
    you have other lists for items and currency and languages.
    there is no measurable overhead in adding another list inside the xml

.skillphysical
    .skillcombat
    .skillcommunication
    .skillcraft
    Changing those worked just fine.

I'm getting what's in the code and what's displayed on the desktop confused. Not sure how what's in the code is linked to the "Skills" FGWindow that appears on the desktop. You had added a "Spells" FGWindow as another window in your example, so I thought that was the "source" and so would have to create FGWindows for each type of skill, rather than all of the categories being displayed in the singular "Skills" FGWindow on the desktop.

I'm beginning to understand there are reams of code in the CoreRPG ruleset and RW simply adds to or replaces that code. So without a firm understanding of how the CoreRPG code works, some of the linkages in RW don't seem complete or make sense. On the surface its not a big deal, I've been using a ruleset created in RW for a year now, but when you start getting into more complicated functions it can get confusing. That's my current level of understanding anyway. I could be way off in that as well.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 14th, 2021 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    There is no reason for that problem, other than FG not picking up the updated ruleset file. First make sure you are generating the ruleset file in the correct folder. Also make sure you don't have a folder with the same name as the ruleset in the rulesets folder.
    Noob mistake. I had an extension running which was calling for those roll fields so it was keeping them on the CS. Disabled extension, problem solved.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 14th, 2021 at 15:51.

I am trying to make the skill list windows grow and stack with each other. However, I keep getting the error that the skill list window is an "uncalculated control"

I have followed Psico's tutorial for setting up stack controls, so perhaps there is something with the list that creates the error?

Attachment 50325

Attachment 50326

Attachment 50327

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    I am trying to make the skill list windows grow and stack with each other. However, I keep getting the error that the skill list window is an "uncalculated control"

I have followed Psico's tutorial for setting up stack controls, so perhaps there is something with the list that creates the error?

Attachment 50325

Attachment 50326

Attachment 50327
    I can't see the attached pictures. Anyway, check the order of the controls in the object explorer, they must be in the same order as you see them in the design window to make the stacking work properly.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    I can't see the attached pictures. Anyway, check the order of the controls in the object explorer, they must be in the same order as you see them in the design window to make the stacking work properly.
    OK, that worked. Thanks!

Thread Information