FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 57 of 109 First ... 747555657585967107 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Ghost of Buttons Past.

This is probably one for Psicodelix. I have gone back into my Harnmaster ruleset CS and deleted the "roll action" buttons on the skills tab and replaced them with rollable "numberfields." However, when the CS displays in FGU, the buttons are still visible. They aren't visible in RW and aren't listed in the Object Explorer.

Here is a screenshot of the CS in FGU:
    Attachment 50305

Here is a screenshot of the same page in RW:
    Attachment 50306

Any ideas?
    There is no reason for that problem, other than FG not picking up the updated ruleset file. First make sure you are generating the ruleset file in the correct folder. Also make sure you don't have a folder with the same name as the ruleset in the rulesets folder.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Hi, I have an issue when trying to use the update button from the Ruleset Wizard interface.
    The tool displays a screen that it is downloading the new version and then switches (likely at install) to this screen instead of executing the update install: Ruleset Wizard update issue.jpg and then nothing happens.
    I end up downloading the installer for the new version myself from your website and install overwriting the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    Hi, I have an issue when trying to use the update button from the Ruleset Wizard interface.
    The tool displays a screen that it is downloading the new version and then switches (likely at install) to this screen instead of executing the update install: Ruleset Wizard update issue.jpg and then nothing happens.
    I end up downloading the installer for the new version myself from your website and install overwriting the old version.
    that window is an error when running the installer of the new version, I will check it.

In any case downloading the installer and running it as you have done has the same effect.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thank you, yes indeed it is just a convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Video Part 3

In this video we extend our skill list by making it into a campaign tool, setting up drag and drop, and linking to the skills from the character sheet.

https://youtu.be/sYbCr45BXZI

PAK and RWP files attached.
    How would I script the "skilldetail" window to grab three designated attributes and average them and place that number in the first box (labeled "skillname_average" in my CS)? I have been using the script "onValueChanged" to have "skillname_average" grab the numbers but what would I need to script to have it simply go and retrieve what is currently in the attribute boxes? "getChild" or "getValue"?

Never mind... I looked at your RWP file and think I can figure it out.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 13th, 2021 at 18:37.

See image below for where I am at with abilities tab. This next question pertains to a nice to have but isn't necessary. I would like to divide the skills by category as they are in the published ruleset. Would this be as simple as renaming each skill_list? IE combat_skill_list, comm_skill_list, etc, so they use the same skillist/skilldetail functions, they are just seperated by the window they are dropped/created on?

skilllists.png

I am guessing to get the drag and drop to work with the Skill Base formula (attribute+attribute+attribute/3 = Skill Base), I will need to build "skill cards" with the correct script for each skill in the Skills library.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 13th, 2021 at 20:23.

Blog Entries
    Yes. 4 lists.
    Do something like this:

Code:
    function onInit()
    	onValueChanged();
    end

function onValueChanged()
    	local nodeSkill = window.getDatabaseNode();
    	local sSkill = nodeSkill.getChild("name").getValue();
    	local nSkillBase = nodeSkill.getChild("skill_base").getValue();
    	local nSkillLevel = nodeSkill.getChild("skill_level").getValue();
    	nodeSkill.getChild("skill").setValue(nSkillBase*nSkillLevel);
    end
    then it will run through them all when you loa dup for the first time, i think it will also do it on creation then too.

I dont know what you mean about skill cards?

OK, let me try to explain what I want to do.

I want to make character creation as easy as possible. I would like to automate as much of the math required to arrive at a Skill Base, Mastery Level and Effective Mastery Level, as much as possible. These three numbers are required for each skill. You've demonstrated how to set most of that up on the CS pretty well. The problem is just about every skill requires a different set of attributes and they will all have different mastery levels (input by the player). So for example, Jumping Skill Base is an average of Strength and Agilityx2. Rhetoric is an average of Voice, Intelligence, and Will. As we have discussed earlier, EML is the result of (SB x ML) - penalties. The SB is derived from attributes (per skill), ML is input by the player, and the penalties are pulled from other parts of the CS (mostly encumbrance and injuries). I have most of the math scripts for making that work figured out. The functions work on the current CS I am using in my campaigns, I just wanted to make character creation a little quicker/smoother.

In order to have the SBs calculated for the player when they entered the attributes, I was entering all the possible skills on the CS, along with the scripts. I like your method of having them enter the skills one at a time on a list. However, it really only works if they can drag the skill from a pre-made list and the script for determining Skill Base runs when they do that. So, a player would open the Skills list on the desktop, pick Jumping from the Physical Skills section, and drag and drop "Jumping" on the CS. It would then run a script getting the three required attributes, do the math and put that number in the first number box of the "skilldetail" window. When the player entered a Mastery Level, it would do the math to determine the EML.

Thread Information