FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 52 of 108 First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoe42 View Post
    Open up the Ruleset Wizard, You will see the button that is the Double arrow circle with have a red exclamation point... click that.
    Hmmm... I don't see any anything that looks like that: top_bar.JPG

(I've forgotten how to inline images...)
    Last edited by swest; October 15th, 2021 at 23:02.

Interesting, my version is 0.7.8

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Greetings,

On your website, on the 'disclaimer' page for the pre-release, under the free version limitations section, it states:

This implies that the paid-for version of Ruleset Wizard has automatic updates...

However, I just looked at the version number of my current Ruleset Wizard, and it is still back at 0.7.5.

So... how do we update Ruleset Wizard?

On a different topic, I am wondering if there might be a tutorial forthcoming on using the Radio List control? I haven't found one in your current collection of videos.

Having said that, I will also mention that I only just now noticed damned's extensive collection of tutorial videos. I definitely need to browse through those, as well.

Anyway, I'm only just getting started with this. While it is a daunting task (learning how to adapt a ruleset), I am making progress, and this tool is really helping.

Thanks!!

- s.west
    Hi,

as shadoe42 pointed, if the wizard finds a newer version to download in its web site it should show the update icon. I you can't see it, it could be that the program is not able to resolve the URL https://www.rulesetwizard.com for some reason.Try again by holding down the Alt key right after clicking on the program icon to open it. This will force this update button to show up.
    In any case you can download the latest version of the program from the website (direct link) and install it yourself, the installer is the same for the demo version and the registered version.

Regarding the radio button control, the problem is that the CoreRPG version of that control is very limited, and it is somewhat disappointing when trying to use it. My plan was to make an improved version in a future update.

I'm glad you found the tool helpful.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    Hi,

as shadoe42 pointed, if the wizard finds a newer version to download in its web site it should show the update icon. I you can't see it, it could be that the program is not able to resolve the URL https://www.rulesetwizard.com for some reason.Try again by holding down the Alt key right after clicking on the program icon to open it. This will force this update button to show up.
    In any case you can download the latest version of the program from the website (direct link) and install it yourself, the installer is the same for the demo version and the registered version.

Regarding the radio button control, the problem is that the CoreRPG version of that control is very limited, and it is somewhat disappointing when trying to use it. My plan was to make an improved version in a future update.

I'm glad you found the tool helpful.
    Thanks for responding.

I can't get the "Alt" key method to work... I have tried many, many times.

Yesterday, I tried multiple times to download your 'demo' version, but the download would not get past the first block. I tried to use the direct link you provided (above) and it behaves the same way. The download progress shows "0.1/17.5 MB" in the bottom bar, and that's where it stays.

So, there is clearly something wrong with my ability to get to that URL... I'll try a different browser (be right back) I tried the 'brave' browser, but it behaved the same way.

I have checked my security suite. I turned off the firewall. I have completed several other downloads during this period. For instance, my copy of paint.net automatically updated itself yesterday afternoon, after downloading its update package... so I know I can download data, in general.

I'm stumped here.

Thoughts?

- s.west

Interesting... I just tried to do the download several times in a row, in rapid succession. The first time it hung at .2MB, the second time it hung at .3MB, the third time... it succeeded.

So, I have the RulesetWizardSetup.zip...

(I tried numerous additional times after that, and they all download immediately... weird.)

I have completed the update, and now it correctly shows version 0.7.8.

The 'update' icon is still not present, nor does the 'alt' key work to force the update icon to show up.

Anyway, I'm updated. Thanks for your attention to this.

Cheers,

- s.west

It's strange... anyway, if you finally managed to update it's fine.

As for forcing the update, you have to hold alt while the program loads, it seems strange that it doesn't work for you. In any case I will post in the forum the next update so you can check again if it works.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Is there a way to lock the vertical tabs on a sheet when you click the lock button?

New to making mods. I want to add new spells to P2e. Will this help with that?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKat View Post
    Is there a way to lock the vertical tabs on a sheet when you click the lock button?
    The locking is usually handled by the onLockChanged() function in your windowclass. In this function you could set the vertical tab readonly property as with any other control.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information