DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 32 of 109 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    Thanks for the help with that Damned and psicodelix. Here's the next thing that I want to do, and the challenge is that I cannot find where the object is declared to know how to change it.

I have a Dice Field object and I want to alter the dice in it from a script. How do I do that? I checked out the generated .pak file and saw that Dice Field gets transformed into <simpledice>, so I went hunting for that to see if there were functions somewhere that I could examine to figure out how to make those changes. I'm going to go searching again, but I thought I would ask as so far I have not found any documentation for the simpledice object.

Thanks again for the assist!

Blog Entries
    I dont use Dice Fields but what i would try is:

Launch a campaign and then store some different data in at least 2 dice fields.
    Do /save and then open the db.xml in your code editor and see what the data looks like in there.
    Then write some code to manipulate the db directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlyn View Post
    Thanks for the help with that Damned and psicodelix. Here's the next thing that I want to do, and the challenge is that I cannot find where the object is declared to know how to change it.

I have a Dice Field object and I want to alter the dice in it from a script. How do I do that? I checked out the generated .pak file and saw that Dice Field gets transformed into <simpledice>, so I went hunting for that to see if there were functions somewhere that I could examine to figure out how to make those changes. I'm going to go searching again, but I thought I would ask as so far I have not found any documentation for the simpledice object.

Thanks again for the assist!
    You can use the setValue method of the dice field as follows:

Code:
    window.DieField1.setValue('d10+d4');
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thanks psiodelix, I was just getting back on here this morning to report that it was, in fact, as simple as using setValue("diestring")!

So... I was ready to post some screen shots, but though I'd try things out by loading a second instance of Unity via LAN. Unfortunately, it appears I have missed something out... I can't seem to add add any detail fields on the second instance or see the details fields I was able to add as a GM (see screenshot attached). Any ideas??
    Screenshot_GM_and_player_screens.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dungeongrub View Post
    So... I was ready to post some screen shots, but though I'd try things out by loading a second instance of Unity via LAN. Unfortunately, it appears I have missed something out... I can't seem to add add any detail fields on the second instance or see the details fields I was able to add as a GM (see screenshot attached). Any ideas??
    Screenshot_GM_and_player_screens.jpg
    have you used any of the Invisible or GMOnly settings on those panels/controls/frames?

Are there any plans to be able to import an extension to convert it to a RSW project? Just bought it a couple of days ago...really liking it so far
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Also, I was thinking that if we could specify a ruleset to pull in the frames and other assets that would be available...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information