FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 109 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last

Its a copy of "equipment" the only changes were labeling and position.

"money" is a shortened label for Money and Valuables. The window is just a text space, no list.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    I have three fields that I want to be able to grow on my NPC sheet. (1) "equipment" (2) "money" and (3) "phys_skills"
    I can set up the control so that "money" moves as "equipment" grows.
    However, when I place "money" in the control stack of the third field ("phys_skills"), I get an error. See image.
    Attachment 42633
    I can't see the attached image. Please send me the updated project so I can determine the problem.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    I have three fields that I want to be able to grow on my NPC sheet. (1) "equipment" (2) "money" and (3) "phys_skills"
    I can set up the control so that "money" moves as "equipment" grows.
    However, when I place "money" in the control stack of the third field ("phys_skills"), I get an error. See image.
    Attachment 42633
    Okay, here's what happens:

When stacking the controls, those underneath must refer to the position of those above. In order for FG to process them correctly, the upper controls must appear in the XML file before the lower ones, otherwise an error occurs because it cannot find the control with which it has to anchor.
    If the controls are created in the Wizard in the same order that they are going to be stacked, there is no problem, but if the order is altered, at some point the FG will try to anchor a control to another that has not yet been rendered.

To fix this, the controls must be set to the same z-index (stacking)order in which they are seen on screen. To achieve this you must go field by field, from top to bottom, selecting each field (only for fields that require stacking)and pressing the Bring to front button. This way you will get the controls to have this structure and to be stacked correctly:

stacking.jpg
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information