FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 109 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Hi Valyar,

Ruleset Wizard can import only it's own projects, not Fantasy grounds rulesets and/or extensions.

About creating content for Fantasy Grounds, you must adhere to Fantasy Grounds license agreement, so you cannot create official content without SmiteWorks permission, and you cannot share copyrighted content. In addition to the software license there is some advices in the disclaimer page:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/disclaimer/

You could use any tool you want to create commercial products (notepad++, visual studio code, Ruleset Wizard) as they are independent tools that help you creating the final product, a series of xml, lua and image files, packed together. You just have to take into account how and to whom you distribute this final product.

Ruleset Wizard supports almost any Fantasy Ground content. You can find a Combat tracker example here:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/advanc...ombat-tracker/
    Last edited by psicodelix; December 9th, 2020 at 10:52.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thank you for the clarifications! I am not sure if this can serve my purposes, but I will continue to watch the videos when I have time and see what happens.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

There is a new update!

All the details in my development blog:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/0-4-2-...ng-dice-rolls/
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Feature Request:

Please give us the ability to set the folder that the extension uses when generating rulesets in a way that is separate from the "open window" interface. I am finding that all too often when saving files, I forget to check the location, and have to hunt for the save file. Being able to pre-set the location to a set folder would be a welcome addtion.

Also, (and this is really more of a "quality of life" issue), any way to add either top & side rules, or a grid overlay? Visually placing elements, even with the aid of the top buttons has been a little tricky, and being able to use a ruler or grid would help someone like me, who has difficulty with "eye-balling" the measurements.

As always, thanks for all you do!

Having a problem (possibly two)

I'm working with a file with a lot of elements. I'm noticing that for some of the earlier windows i've created, when I go to open them, ruleset wizard simply crashes to the desktop, no error message that I've seen. Is there an error log that is created when this happens so that I can check to see if I can figure out what the problem is, (or what is causing the seeming corruption within the file)?

Any help is appreciated! I keep getting to a point, then having to stop and re-build from scratch just to have the same sequence happen again...

thanks for reading,
    L.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Most likely entries that had dice strings or other roll data in them?
    Sadly no, not that far into the code, mainly just Labels and formatted text....a lot of art assetts that have not been fully seutp, (but have frames created). that's about it....

RW Screenshot.jpg

in the above picture, it seems like whenever I choose coterie name, coterie format, and/or members and agendas, the system just drops to desktop, not sure why....

First of all, make sure you are using latest version (0.4.2) of the Wizard.

When there is some crash a log is recorded in the windows event log, in the application log. Looking there could give you some clue of the source of the problem.

If the error persists send me the project file and I'll check it out.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Blog Entries
    Looking at the entries some of them start with numbers - so yes get the 0.4.2 build.

Thread Information