STAR TREK 2d20
Page 103 of 109 First ... 35393101102103104105 ... Last

Blog Entries
    And right after the

function AbwehrHandler(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)

add the following:

Debug.chat("rSource: ", rSource);
    Debug.chat("rTarget: ", rTarget);
    Debug.chat("rRoll: ", rRoll);

Are they all giving you what you expect?

It looks like rSource isnt being sent?

here is the screenshot with the debug to chat command . first line is the "angriffHandler" (line 22) #1021 from damned
    the rest ist #1022 "function AbwehrHandler"

both rSource and rTarget are nil

SC03.png

i dont no why. before update (yesterday evening) everything worked and i didnt change anything.

disclaimer: all artwork is licensed (bought on graphic river) so i think its no problem to show the screenshots.

it is difficult to trace the source of the problem without seeing the whole project, but you can try to install the previous version to check if it is something related to the update, here is a link:

https://mega.nz/file/msRDjJyL#DUrClm...6lEVFiNp3BqU3k

you must uninstall the current version first.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I roll back to 0.8.8. everything work as expected. no more errors or nil Values occured

that is worrying, would you mind sharing the project (or a part of it) to try to find the source of the problem? I would need the part where the dice roll is generated.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

thank you so much for your help. I can now use the RW as normal, perhaps there is a solution in future for coming updates, but for now I can play. If it is helpful, I can provide my extension, but be aware i am without coding experience so it is a self-made solution i build after watching videos from real coders like you and damned.

BTW: the Wizard is fullfilling my dream of making an extension for my self-written ruleset on a wonderful VTT, which allows such things. And I am damned so thankful for his video series (esp. the christmas specials). i learned enough to build this and unterstand quotes here in forum or in forums like stackoverflow to find a solution working for me for all the things and automation I want to insert.

@psicodelix: sure I will provide you everything you need for trouble shooting. should I send you the whole extension data as pm? or only the snippet with my roll Handlers? I tried to give my extension a similar structure as you did with the OGL example.

Handlers

I attached in a zip all my used roll Handlers. If you need the whole extension, tell me. Do not hesitate to ask me any question about my weird structure...

My system uses competetive rolls, so I build all rolls like an attac roll but changed the not used DC against the results of the former roll of the opponent. I manage the data transfer in the CT by (hidden) number fields, cross-linked to the NPC/ charsheet. The damage rolls are quite normal I guess, but uses rTarget so I attached them too. The values "LP" and "AP" are hitpoints and endurancepoints. The SF value is a damage multiplier (damage is in most situations based on the roll difference)

name explanation:

InitHandler = initiative
    AngriffHandler = attac
    AbwehrHandler = defense (parry action)
    AusweichenHandler = defense (evade action)
    ResistenzHandler = resistance
    SkillHandler = skill
    SchockHandler = shocked
    FertigkeitDefensivHandler = competetive defense skill roll
    AbwehrAstralHandler = defense (magic)
    BFHandler/ PZHandler = breakage

I hope this gives a clou , what I did within the rolls.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information