DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 101 of 109 First ... 519199100101102103 ... Last
    Is there a suggestion thread here or through the RW website?

One thing I find myself adding a lot in "Custom Properties" popup are textres for "static" and "tooltip" now there already exist ways to add a label and tooltip as a first-class citizen on the properties page - as long as you do it explicitly, which is not the best way if you want to be able to change many instances at once and of course - for internationalization.
    I know it is all too easy to code-bloat a UI by adding too many functions and I am not the best judge yet for this app, but from what I've been doing, it comes up for many if not most controls. I'd love alongside "tooltip" property, if there were "tooltip-res" or whatever you call it. Same for the label if that's an option on the type of control.

Nothing big or earthshattering but it's a nice quality of life improvement - I think

Just tested one thing on 0.8.8 - the comment. Which is cool
    I added it to the wrong control. Each time I start RW, I need to resize it down since it doesn't reset to "last position/size". I resized it too small and I confused a control since I apply an "advanced template" most times and therefore blank the "frame" or it would override my template. Long story short, I backspaced over the comment and went to add it elsewhere, before I did that I regenerated to see it "poof" and it did... but it left:
    Code:
    			<percentile_abilityfield name="cha_reaction_mod" source="abilities.charisma.reactionmod">
    				<!---->
    				<anchored to="cha_morale_mod" />
    				<tooltip textres="charsheet_main_cha_reaction_mod_Tooltip" />
    				<tooltip textres="char_charisma_reactionmod_tooltip"></tooltip>
    			</percentile_abilityfield>
    Then I tried just clicking the combo arrow on Developer Comment but NOT typing anything and sure enough when I regenned, I see:
    Code:
    			<number_abilityfield name="cha_morale_mod" source="abilities.charisma.moralmod">
    				<!---->
    				<anchored to="cha_max_henchmen" />
    				<tooltip textres="char_charisma_moralemod_tooltip"></tooltip>
    			</number_abilityfield>
    And thank you for this, since I stumbled across my typo of "moralmod" vs "moralemod" the former is a different type of game altogether

EDIT: A fast vi edit of the 2 .rwp files to change the:
    {"Name":"DevelopmentComments","Value":{"@xsi:type" :"xsd:string"}},

back to:
    {"Name":"DevelopmentComments"},

Took care of no longer generating the blanks. Maybe next update you can check for "empty" comments and not generate those. Minor issue, resolves itself eventually.
    Last edited by Varsuuk; June 21st, 2023 at 17:26.

Another small easily worked around issue is with copy/paste for controls with "custom anchoring"
    I find it copies all the settings but always seems to not copy the "position" setting in the anchoring. I always get caught by that forgetting to reset it to "aboveleft" in new controls and then I see the result and feel silly for constatly falling for it:
    Code:
    			<label_combatvalues name="combat_move_rate_label">
    				<anchored to="combat_move_rate" position="aboveleft" offset="-8,-3" width="45" />
    				<static textres="char_movement_rate_label"></static>
    				<tooltip textres="char_movement_rate_tooltip"></tooltip>
    				<readonly />
    			</label_combatvalues>
    The bold part poofs if you copy/paste the label control in the GUI.

Is there an example (in one of Damned's many videos perhaps) of a checkbox being scripted with a function? I would like to create one where if the box is checked (when the PC is mounted), their encumbrance value is halved. Is it simply onValueChanged? How do I reference the checkbox as either selected or not selected?

onValueChanged
    use a debug to get its value and you will see how it is referenced.

I would like to setup a CS with multiple loadouts for the PC, based on the situation (Street, CQB, Field, and Other). See image.
    Capture.PNG

I have charsheet_inventory with 4 SubWindows. Is it possible to have a different instance of "inventoryframe" on each subwindow, so that I capture the functions of .inventorylist on each, while making them separate lists? I imagine I would have to add a script creating inventoryframe1, inventoryframe2, etc. along with similarly named instances of encumbrance_label and encumbranceload.

Is this possible without breaking CoreRPG? What might the script look like?

I usually recommend against more than one inventorylist, because it causes a "lot" more work to integrate with all the various default systems (party sheet, item transfer, parcels, etc.).
    If you really want to show more limited information, you can create lists that are filtered by specific fields (such as "type" == "Weapon")

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Im assuming that he will be using a filter to do this for those reasons. The filter might be on a new "field" to match his "situation".

Thanks, I thought it would probably be more complicated (and possibly limiting) to be worth the effort. Really the only function I am looking for was the automatic calculation of the weight. Don't really need the party sheet automation even. This is for a homebrew modern set and so will never see publication (a mishmash of scavenged rules from multiple published rulesets). I will go with simply creating separate windowlists for each subtab and have the player add up the total weight for each.

Thread Information