DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 48 of 109 First ... 3846474849505898 ... Last

Thanks, that explains it ! .. so, my next little subproject will be an own string_cycler template wihch also will have an "add" method to be able to init the item list by an array

BUG - Likely you already know this and it is on the list but here it is...

1. In the font viewer it doesn't seem to reflect the select font in some cases. Of particular note is the Open Sans fonts from Google. In the font viewer it doesn't show anything different between regular/bold/italic. This then reflects in the sizing of items in a window view.

If I find out the reason I'll update this post.

--edit: tried to fix by adding the OpenSans fonts to the Ruleset Wizard install location but this didn't assist. Trying installing them to the window system but also didn't remedy. Let me know if there is some info I can get to help fix this. I'm working around the issue but it would be great if I didn't have to view in FGU to verify positioning.

--edit2: Solution seems that Ruleset Wizard needs to have a complete path to the font and not a relative path (I have the Use advanced development options checked). If they have a full path the preview is as expected.

Also,

Is there a trick to getting the window designer / FGU result to have the same size and rendering?

Capture.PNG

The left side is the size in Ruleset Wizard and the right is the result in FGU. Should I have the FGU gui size at something other than 1.0?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jharp; July 19th, 2021 at 23:16.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post

1. In the font viewer it doesn't seem to reflect the select font in some cases. Of particular note is the Open Sans fonts from Google. In the font viewer it doesn't show anything different between regular/bold/italic. This then reflects in the sizing of items in a window view.

--edit: tried to fix by adding the OpenSans fonts to the Ruleset Wizard install location but this didn't assist. Trying installing them to the window system but also didn't remedy. Let me know if there is some info I can get to help fix this. I'm working around the issue but it would be great if I didn't have to view in FGU to verify positioning.

--edit2: Solution seems that Ruleset Wizard needs to have a complete path to the font and not a relative path (I have the Use advanced development options checked). If they have a full path the preview is as expected.

Also,

Is there a trick to getting the window designer / FGU result to have the same size and rendering?

Capture.PNG

The left side is the size in Ruleset Wizard and the right is the result in FGU. Should I have the FGU gui size at something other than 1.0?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Ok, thanks for the report, I'll check it out and fix it in the next update.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Also,

Capture.PNG

Thanks,
    Jason
    Ok, thanks for the report, there seems to be a problem with the relative paths in the font editor. Regarding the different size, the problem is that RW uses the size in points to render the text and FG uses pixels.

I will fix both in the next update.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

0.7.3 is wonderful I love it. Thanks for the font fixes they work wonderfully. I have confirmed the relative path and the rendering size. Having the quick comment and uncomment is a great quality of life improvement.

Thanks again,
    Jason

0.7.3 is wonderful I love it. Thanks for the font fixes they work wonderfully. I have confirmed the relative path and the rendering size. Having the quick comment and uncomment is a great quality of life improvement.

Thanks again,
    Jason
    glad you like it, thanks for the feedback
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I have been kicking around a "better" character sheet for Fate Core. Mainly I wanted to get the actual Fate Core sheet in there with the pyramid skill tree etc... anyway I have run into an issue that I just cannot figure out. I KNOW its probably something silly.
    All my string fields work except one. And one of them is unclickable when I load it into FG. First pic.... you will see the field in question highlighted. @nd pic.. unclickable inside FG

And I just cannot for the life of me figure out why that field is not clickable. I even ended up copying the name field one since I knew that was clickable.

I was trying to do this as an extension on Fate Core. IF I switch it over to a full rule set suddenly it works then if I switch it back to an extension it then still works .... see pic number 3

StringField.PNG
    InsideFG.PNG
    FilledOut.PNG
    Last edited by shadoe42; July 26th, 2021 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by shadoe42 View Post
    I have been kicking around a "better" character sheet for Fate Core. Mainly I wanted to get the actual Fate Core sheet in there with the pyramid skill tree etc... anyway I have run into an issue that I just cannot figure out. I KNOW its probably something silly.
    All my string fields work except one. And one of them is unclickable when I load it into FG. First pic.... you will see the field in question highlighted. @nd pic.. unclickable inside FG

And I just cannot for the life of me figure out why that field is not clickable. I even ended up copying the name field one since I knew that was clickable.

I was trying to do this as an extension on Fate Core. IF I switch it over to a full rule set suddenly it works then if I switch it back to an extension it then still works .... see pic number 3
    Please, paste the full properties window of the problematic control.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Monitor won;t let me get it all in one go..so here are a couple shots of it. Like I said I got it to work as a full ruleset..then when I took that and did a save as extension it continued to work

Prop1.PNG

Prop2.PNG

it's odd, properties seem to be ok.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information