DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 98 of 109 First ... 488896979899100108 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    They were all generated by midjourney
    I'll have to check that out (I fear to right now since it is 2:25am but will try that out tomorrow!)

OK - gonna leave it for now, I decided to try emulating part of the 2E layout (since ADD is very 1E - yes, I know I can ext things etc. This is a thing I like to try to learn by doing ground up) to learn how to do anchoring in this.
    Now, I FORGOT to watch the RW Anchoring official video - I JUST remembered about that now, I'll watch it in bed in a few mins.

But when I generated, I had one of those control (...) no vertical anchor in window (...) type console errors. I am familiar with em from way back, some earlier template was missing a "top" anchor most likely. Then I started back comparing what was generated and saw several mismatches (when I "fixed" them in the generated code - unzip and edit and rerun) then the layout worked! But of course, that doesn't help since next regen it's stepped on.

Code:
      generated by me:
          <anchor_title_charsheet name="contentanchor">
            <anchored>
              <top offset="15" />
              <left offset="20" />
            </anchored>
          </anchor_title_charsheet>

vs (2E):
    	  <anchor_title_charsheet name="contentanchor">
            <anchored height="0">
              <top offset="15" />
              <left offset="20" />
            </anchored>
          </anchor_title_charsheet>

=============

generated by me:	  
          <label_charframetop name="abilities_title">
            <anchored>
              <top anchor="bottom" offset="40" relation="relative" />
              <left />
            </anchored>
            <static textres="char_label_stats"></static>
            <icons>char_abilities_purple_2E</icons>
            <readonly />
          </label_charframetop>

vs (2E):
          <label_charframetop name="statstitle">
            <anchored to="contentanchor" height="20" width="300">
              <top anchor="bottom" offset="40" relation="relative" />
              <left />
            </anchored>
            <icons>char_abilities_purple</icons>
            <static textres="char_label_stats" />
          </label_charframetop>

It's hard to explain the settings so I will attach a few screenies:
    snip11.JPG
    snip12.JPG
    snip13.JPG
    snip14.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Continued (new 2 controls):

snip21.JPG
    snip22.JPG
    snip23.JPG
    snip24.JPG

snip31.JPG
    snip32.JPG

My hope is that you can spot what I am missetting that is ruining the first "<anchored" and "<anchored" lines with that, the others that are off might become obvious.

I clicked the "inherit" thing you said, I noticed I created a button way off to the side but it properly got moved to where I wanted it which was nice. I couldn't set a control (even FGCustomControl) to X or Y = 0 even if I click inherit, so I made em 1,1.

Nighters! (again, will watch the anchor thing - if I spot the answer, will post from bed on phone)

GAH! I got a lead - I thought to "Hail Mary" and thought - first line bad, let me change the odd one saying "anchor definition" and pull-downed to "size" and left height=0, that made proper <anchored height=0 ...> entry.
    I'll play with the others but I doubt will post more till tomorrow unless it is to say "YAY! working" - then tomorrow will post the obvious oops I did in case helps others figure the anchoring. And no, haven't yet watched vid, I'm still in den.

*EDIT: SOLVED*
    OK - yes, FULL Eureka.
    (I still plan to watch Anchor but for now, my 3 fixes )
    1. In the first "contentanchore" the "0:anchordefinition" was changed to "0:size" by selecting "anchor edge or" to "size"
    2. The abilities_title fix was changing anchoring "0:anchordefinition" by changing it to 0:any" by selecting "anchor edge or" to "any"
    3. The abilities_details fix was changing anchoring "0:anchordefinition" by changing it to 0:any" by selecting "anchor edge or" to "any" (same as #2)

Those 3 changes made it all work perfectly. Tomorrow I can continue now that understand this relative thing in FW more.
    Last edited by Varsuuk; June 5th, 2023 at 08:15.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Why not just write your own script. Since all your doing is matching

local nodeEffect = DB.getChild(nodeCT,"effects")
    for _,vEffect in pairs (DB.getChildren(nodeEffect))do

local sLabel = DB.getValue(vEffect, "label",""):lower()

if sLabel == sName:lower() then
    vEffect.delete()

end
    end

sName in this case if your variable you declared. May need to add a check if no effects present so it returns false as well
    Thanks. I will look at this and see what I can do.

Hi Bayne,

I had some time to implement your suggestion and it works a treat. Many thanks.

When a template calls for a "genericcontrol" and I want to place a control on panel with RW, what do I use? "Custom Control" (FGCustomControl) does not give a choice to assign a "advanced template", or do I put the template name in the "class" section or should I be using something else entirely?

Yup, I discovered that (late actually, sad, only noticed it my 3rd day in) but what I am trying to replicate, using RW is placing a control (a panel/box to place other controls on to serve as like a background for others on a window) which is a template based on <genericcontrol>

So, I tried placing a Custom Control (FGCustomControl) and Icon (FGIconControl) where I set the Custom Class (which DOES say custom class or template, it's why I selected this to try in my testing) to the template name. And in FGIcon, I used advanced template property. Neither resulted in a visible control (I click inherit pos on each)

Now, my next step is to unpack and see WHAT it generates, knowing what the "right" result should be. That's how I learned how to use the CustomAnchor property, I tried different combos until I found out setting what resulted in what I'd want for a given arrib or value combo. So let's play some gameshow music as I look into the generated code:

*dum de la, dum de la, dum de la la la, dum de la, ... *

EDIT1: Yup, it generated a blank entry (just template name) but then I saw the Custom Anchoring was not set right, not sure guess I uparrowed or something while switching boxes.
    Then fixed it and it generated it but still not visible, so it's a me thing on some earlier step I'm sure. But it DOES seem the "effect" is the same with RW - if I wanted a "generic control" either works fine but the IconControl at least doesnt have the cog (I am guessing cog one is more accurate choice, but for a plain control icon seems to work too if I stick to the basic settings and don't use "icon" settings. The output between the two were exactly the same:
    Code:
          <ability_fields_container name="IconControl1">
            <anchored position="right" offset="0,0" width="280" />
            <frame>
              <name>my_frame</name>
            </frame>
          </ability_fields_container>
          <ability_fields_container name="CustomControl1">
            <anchored position="right" offset="0,0" width="280" />
            <frame>
              <name>my_frame</name>
            </frame>
          </ability_fields_container>
    I should be able to take it from here - just wanted to note (unless told otherwise) it seems it doesn't matter since the output is not based on controls you pick - it's just controls you pick limit or expand the choices of things you can enter in the properties view. That makes good sense. Wish I could do "extensions" to RW to add some of my own favorite properties for some types of controls (textres/target etc) I could code it if it was in C++ or C#(with googling ;P, still just learning this one)

EditFinal: Yup, the arrow keytboard binding changed one of my settings and I didn't notice. With that fixed, it is done.

TLDR; TAKEAWAY, you can use pretty much any tool on the sidebar to make a "simple custom control" as long as you only enter fields that apply.
    Last edited by Varsuuk; June 7th, 2023 at 05:08.

Blog Entries
    You can also set the background using an Icon control or even on a windowlist or formattedtext or string etc
    I would think that CustomControl is probably closest but I dont know the specifics.

@psicodelix,

Is there any way that we can get RW to output files using tab characters and scripts in the XML like the CoreRPG ruleset?

Here are the XML writer settings from FGU that output in similar format:
    Code:
            public static XmlWriterSettings GetDefaultWriterSettings()
            {
                return new XmlWriterSettings
                {
                    CheckCharacters = false,
                    ConformanceLevel = ConformanceLevel.Document,
                    Encoding = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8,
                    Indent = true,
                    IndentChars = "\t",
                    NewLineChars = "\r\n",
                    NewLineHandling = NewLineHandling.Replace,
                };
            }