DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 109 First ... 343515253545563103 ... Last

@psicodelix

FYI, there appears to be a problem if you try to change the underlying image for a given 'frame'. No matter what you do, RSW wants to hang on to the original image. It will change the offset values just fine, but it won't change the image. It's not until you exit FG and RSW and come back in that it gets corrected.

(I have a much longer tale to go with this, if you're interested, but as I have a tendency to write excessively long posts, I'm trying to get better and just state the minimum facts.)

Thanks for a great tool!!

Cheers!

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    @psicodelix

FYI, there appears to be a problem if you try to change the underlying image for a given 'frame'. No matter what you do, RSW wants to hang on to the original image. It will change the offset values just fine, but it won't change the image. It's not until you exit FG and RSW and come back in that it gets corrected.

(I have a much longer tale to go with this, if you're interested, but as I have a tendency to write excessively long posts, I'm trying to get better and just state the minimum facts.)

Thanks for a great tool!!

Cheers!

- s.west
    Yes, that is a known issue. Keep in mind that RSW is continuously rendering frames, so graphics files are cached to gain speed. The problem is that without a file name change the system cannot easily detect that a file has changed. Including such a control would negatively affect performance.

However it is true that when you are working on the design of the ruleset it is necessary to make adjustments to your frames and have them reflected in the editor, and having to close the Wizard is annoying. Maybe the solution would be to add a button to tell the Wizard to reload one (or all) frames from disk.

What do you think?
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    Yes, that is a known issue. Keep in mind that RSW is continuously rendering frames, so graphics files are cached to gain speed. The problem is that without a file name change the system cannot easily detect that a file has changed. Including such a control would negatively affect performance.

However it is true that when you are working on the design of the ruleset it is necessary to make adjustments to your frames and have them reflected in the editor, and having to close the Wizard is annoying. Maybe the solution would be to add a button to tell the Wizard to reload one (or all) frames from disk.

What do you think?
    Thanks for the response, and the explanation.

If you're keen to 'fix' it (rather than leave it as a known consequence of file-caching), I would vote for the easiest, on you, fix you can think of. Perhaps just a 'clear caches' button?

Cheers,

- s.west

My Harnmaster build is working great! A couple campaigns the last year or so, lots of fun!
    I'm starting a new project, so get ready for some really knuckle dragger questions...

I would like to know if there is a setting or script I can include in a String Field that will have any entered text centered in the box. I have tried using the Frame Offset setting (ie 5,0,0,0) but all that does is push the entire box to the right 5 pixels, revealing the background color behind the box.
    Capture1.PNG
    Capture2.PNG

Here are a few screenshots of the CS and CT changes I made, using Ruleset Wizard. These are for the Harnmaster ruleset, published by Columbia Games.
    Main CS Tab:
    HM01.PNG
    Combat Tab:
    HM02.PNG
    Combat Tracker, pulling data from CS and NPC sheets.
    HM03.PNG

Its not a well enough refined product to "share," but it works for my group just fine. I have posted some screenshots. I am happy to share with anyone who wants to use what I have, and have done so in the past. But not a good enough product to post to the Forge, for example.

And just so I'm sure, there isn't a way to make a LABEL editable by the player, correct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Its not a well enough refined product to "share," but it works for my group just fine. I have posted some screenshots. I am happy to share with anyone who wants to use what I have, and have done so in the past. But not a good enough product to post to the Forge, for example.
    I promise you - you are wrong. There are many people who would relish the opportunity to give it a try.

And just so I'm sure, there isn't a way to make a LABEL editable by the player, correct?
    There are some editable labels on the MoreCore Character sheets.
    I wouldnt use those in place of string fields though.
    The MoreCore ones are meant to be Labels/Headings - but as its a multi purpose tool the headings need to be changeable.

Thread Information