DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 109 First ... 1927282930313979 ... Last
    In fact, if you use the nodefault parameter your first item becomes the default.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

What an amazing tool and contribution to the Fantasy Grounds community. Great Work!
    I have looked through the forums and watched some on the video tutorials. Great work as always Damned.

I have not seen this question posed yet, so I thought I would ask here.

Can the Ruleset Wizard tool be used to add a shared sheet for players to store data in the 5e ruleset? Like a Wagon inventory, or Starship cargo hold?
    Could this be used to create a Stronghold Sheet from Matthew Colville's -Stronghold and Followers for 5e? Or a Starship sheet from SW5e?
    I know full automation would be complex, but I am curious if this would work better than a Note entry in the 5e Ruleset just to get started? Similar to the Starfinder ruleset, but for 5e.

Thanks again for all your efforts and support to the FG community.

Blog Entries
    Players cannot edit records they dont own. So there is no ability to have a shared record you can all edit.
    In Player Agency extension I allow players to "append" data to a record using some OOB.
    It would be possible to use OOB to allow a player to edit a record but there could be instances when one or more players tries to edit the same data and there is no mechanism to prevent this.

BTW the Ruleset Wizard is all psicodelixs work - nothing to do with me. My videos are just to show you the tool in action. All credit for the Wizard goes to psicodelix.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Players cannot edit records they dont own. So there is no ability to have a shared record you can all edit.
    In Player Agency extension I allow players to "append" data to a record using some OOB.
    It would be possible to use OOB to allow a player to edit a record but there could be instances when one or more players tries to edit the same data and there is no mechanism to prevent this.

BTW the Ruleset Wizard is all psicodelixs work - nothing to do with me. My videos are just to show you the tool in action. All credit for the Wizard goes to psicodelix.
    Understood, thank you Damned.
    I know psicodelix created the Ruleset Wizard, I was thanking you for the tutorial videos.

Blog Entries
    You can totally build the Stronghold record sheet / campaign tool in the Ruleset Wizard.
    But how to use it in reality is something more complex.

Does each player have their own stronghold or they often share one?
    If they each have their own you could create a link or list on the Charsheet and allow the players to create a record on their sheet like they can with Weapons and Equipment. They cant create these in the public list but they can create them on their sheets.

Thanks psicodelix!

This update is (again) amazing!

I have practical questions related to ruleset and extension I have for Mork Borg and Wrath & Glory:
    1. What would be the process to migrate existing ruleset or extension to Ruleset Wizard to use its convenient features without replicating the work done already?
    2. Is there a way to export the work in folder rather than .pak or .ext file for quick and easy editing for example (as having extra step to extract is inconvenient)?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Hi Valyar,

You cant import an existing ruleset simply into the RW environment. You can create xml and Lua files in the RW.
    You wouldnt want to do it the way you are describing - otherwise every time you export from the Wizard it will overwrite any files you have edited. If you decide to go with the RW to develop something you then stay within the RW. As above you can create xml and Lua files in the RW and that is how you would do your custom code and/or import existing code.

Hi! Recently bought it. Very helpful tool. Amazing work. I do have a comfort/usability issue and don't know where to post feedback like that so i am trying here. It seems that file handles for added images like for frames etc stay opened all the time (even after removing them from the ruleset wizard wizard project) until i close the program, This makes overwriting the image files from a different application (like gimp) impossible until rw is closed and reopened. It is quite a hassle since i don't prepare all my images beforehand and do lots of tweaks and edits. I have not tried with the newest version yet (maybe this is already solved)

Thread Information