STAR TREK 2d20
Page 97 of 109 First ... 47879596979899107 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    There is an option on most controls to Inherit Size and Position set this to True if you are positioning it via a template.

You can use the X/Y method and set Stack with Control in most instances to easily handle resizing etc. Otherwise get familiar with the templates and anchoring and all that fun.

Yeah, the only way I used to know WAS the normal template one. I always kept my notebook bookmarked to that big rectangle chart of inside-leg, left,outside-left,etc anchor values.

It’s the GUI tricks I never messed with. I’m sure I’ll pick it up as I go. Didn’t notice the inherit eyes prob went over that. I’ll see how that works. Again, for what I’ve done - I haven’t needed it - just wanted to do it like I used to for familiarity.

Btw, any idea where I might find a free/legal to use Icon like “manic ferret” (it’s my new domain lol) I picture a nervous cartoon/silhouette of a ferret… perhaps with coffee! Ok that’s too much. Any decent leaping or hyper ferret would do. I have ferrets, but not art skills.

I was thinking to use it as an icon for me since I can’t use my normal icon (think it’s the one I use here? A cowled wizard or priest from prob Bakdur’s Gate char portraits? Don’t recall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Didn’t notice the inherit eyes prob went over that. I’ll see how that works.
    There are dozens of options on each control and you dont need most of them most of the time so they are easy to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Cool seeing the above result let me to try:
    General-CustomProperties->Attributes: textres="char_label_stats" PropertyName=static (no property value) and this resulted in->

Code:
          <label_charframetop name="abilities_title">
            <bounds>5,3,300,20</bounds>
            <static textres="charsheet_main_abilities_title_LabelCaption" />
            <static textres="char_label_stats"></static>
            <readonly />
          </label_charframetop>
    Obviously, I would want to REPLACE the inserted by lua (my guess) static, but I can look at that and if not doable in RW, then modify the lua script to allow for it to be there already maybe.
    (FYI: This gets the desired results, since the one I wanted was second... but still more to do obviously)

EDIT2: OOO ... the creation of these things is part of RW. Which is OK, except I really do not want to have a unique name for all of these since I will often share the string resource. I wonder if there is a way to turn that off?

I would STILL definitely suggest to the Dev to make "textres" a visible option like "text" to set if it isn't already and he can DEFAULT it like he is doing but this lets the creator overwrite it if they want a different resource name.
    Hey Damned, do you know if I missed something when I was trying to supply my own "textres" - I see now that RW automatically creates a textres for each of the controls by basing it on its name. That's pretty cool, except when I want to simply have several use the same resource string.
    It works when I added it the arcane way with custom properties, but I'd so much prefer as I said above a simple "property" for textres since it is so key for many reasons.

Is there a way to turn off the "autogen" the concatenated textres RW supplies for a control at least when I want to supply my own via that klunkier way?

ALSO - Damned, you totally rock - GREAT Ferret pics heheheh. Although, I will object that my favorite - the first one - totally looks the OPPOSITE of a "manic ferret" - he appears a very calm yet dangerous weasel.
    Plus, was hoping for a site with reusable icons/images cos it's a placeholder. If I ever do something for outside use, I'd look for someone who can actually make me a logo for me. Bah, I guess for now, I'll just use my forum profile icon, I'm the only one seeing it atm.

But dying to get some advice on textres so I dont have 2 textres appearing in the output (even if due to being last one, it works)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You are overthinking the textres - the overhead is not measurable. Just let the Wizard do its thing.
    I do that a lot.
    It isn't just the "overhead" - if it creates a textres for every control and there is a control I repeat a lot (don't know that will atm but...), then I need to add a string entry for each. OK. So I do that. And later, I want to change that label of "#ofAtks" to "Num Atks" or whatever... so I change it in N places. Can't global it cos, in some I might have wanted to keep #ofAttks or whatever. That's why my choosing the resource string name is helpful. BUT

No idea, I was trying to add to textres="...." a merge="replace" to see if that worked. It generated a <static></static> and I was ?? I removed it and regen and saw same (even though now back to old one) and reloaded ruleset and it looked correct so more ???
    Then I did it again after restarting RW and this time, it was correct. But wait... it was MORE correct. It had only one entry, the one I gave it (and no, I no longer have the merge="replace" in property editor for attributes.

I'll take the win, just not sure what happened before OR now...

Code:
      <windowclass name="charsheet_main">
        <frame>utilitybox</frame>
        <placement>
          <size height="483" width="524" />
        </placement>
        <sheetdata>
          <label_charframetop name="abilities_title">
            <bounds>15,10,300,20</bounds>
            <static textres="char_label_stats"></static>
            <icons>char_abilities_purple_2E</icons>
            <readonly />
          </label_charframetop>
        </sheetdata>
      </windowclass>
    </root>

Aha!

my git diff comes to the rescue, I suspect maybe I had an accidental space before >>textres=....<<

See:
    Code:
     diff --git a/AdventuresDarkAndDeep/windows/charsheet_main.rwf b/AdventuresDarkAndDeep/windows/charsheet_main.rwf
      index d9c4c84..1cad240 100644
      --- a/AdventuresDarkAndDeep/windows/charsheet_main.rwf
      +++ b/AdventuresDarkAndDeep/windows/charsheet_main.rwf
      @@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
         <WindowControls>
           <WindowName>charsheet_main</WindowName>
           <ControlName>abilities_title</ControlName>
      @@ -12,7 +12,7 @@
             {"Name":"Center"},
             {"Name":"ControlName","Value":{"@xsi:type":"xsd:string","#text":"abilities_title"}},
             {"Name":"CustomAnchoring","Value":{"@xsi:type":"ArrayOfAnchorDefinition"}},
      -      {"Name":"CustomProperties","Value":{"@xsi:type":"ArrayOfCustomProperty","CustomProperty":[{"PropertyName":"static","PropertyValue":null,"PropertyAttributes":" textres=\"char_label_stats\"","ParentElement":null},{"PropertyName":"icons","PropertyValue":"char_abilities_purple_2E","PropertyAttributes":null,"ParentElement":null}]}},
      +      {"Name":"CustomProperties","Value":{"@xsi:type":"ArrayOfCustomProperty","CustomProperty":[{"PropertyName":"static","PropertyValue":null,"PropertyAttributes":"textres=\"char_label_stats\"","ParentElement":null},{"PropertyName":"icons","PropertyValue":"char_abilities_purple_2E","PropertyAttributes":null,"ParentElement":null}]}},
             {"Name":"DesignerHeight","Value":{"@xsi:type":"xsd:int","#text":"20"}},
             {"Name":"DesignerLocked","Value":{"@xsi:type":"xsd:boolean","#text":"false"}},
             {"Name":"DesignerWidth","Value":{"@xsi:type":"xsd:int","#text":"300"}},
    ~

OOOO ... DEMS IS MANIC Ferrets!

LOL, I was just coming here to say I decided to look at my iphone, grab a pic, crop it tight and use that as a PH ... but dude those pics are great. How do you pull these out so fast. Is there a comic of these crazed ferrets somewhere I should be reading? lol.
    I will use the last one (first one not sure what's in his hands) for my PH cos... I'm sure that's copyrighted cos it's too purdy.

MFLogo.JPG

Just realized, the filename was "MF logo"...

EDIT, now for the MF Damned version!
    MFDamned.JPG
    Last edited by Varsuuk; June 5th, 2023 at 05:25.

Thread Information