DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 109 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    It has been a while, but I started making some new videos showing the awesome power of Ruleset Wizard.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...A62ZWJFD3Jf_eb

Enjoy.

#Request

Can I get the LUA Code Editor Window to save its location?

I know I ask for the cheapest of things, but I am lazy and needy.

Thank you again. I tried and failed a few times to make this current project. I could not have done it with out RSW

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    #Request

Can I get the LUA Code Editor Window to save its location?

I know I ask for the cheapest of things, but I am lazy and needy.

Thank you again. I tried and failed a few times to make this current project. I could not have done it with out RSW

I often miss that feature too. I will include it in the next update.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I have a complaint. Your combat sheet template is better than mine. I now need to make mine better. :P

Nice updates. Thank you.

Hi All!

Hope everyone has been well.

I need some help with 3 issues:

1) I have tables that I created in fantasy grounds, is there a way to link that data to the items Class Property of a dropdown list within Ruleset Wizard? The hope is the table data becomes the choices within the drop-down. (and maybe even making it possible to randomize the choice). Is this something that is on the to do list, or could it be added?

2) I am trying to replace the regular number field on a sheet with selectable dots, (See image below).
    Example Circles.png

I have tried using the counter list tool, but that doesn't seem to work. Can anyone offer help on how to make this, (or where to look for coding examples)?

3) I also want to create a damage type that uses a rotation of boxes, (See image below):

Example Squares.png

I am having some difficulty figuring out how to create this in either RW or in Lua Code. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

As always, Thanks!
    Lensman

Blog Entries
    1. I think you will need to do it in Lua and duplicate the table info in Lua arrays.
    2. Counter list does work - watch the (silent) video tutorial on it - most likely you are setting min and max incorrectly.
    3. No idea what that means

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    1. I think you will need to do it in Lua and duplicate the table info in Lua arrays.
    2. Counter list does work - watch the (silent) video tutorial on it - most likely you are setting min and max incorrectly.
    3. No idea what that means
    for the third item, what i would like is a row of empty boxes (the first selection) when I click on an individual box, it moves to the second selection, a third click moves to the third selection, and so forth. (I'm thinking of a damage table where 1 hit only 1/2 fills the box, subsequent damage can fill in the box, and as the character heals, he gets back 1/2 of a box, then it goes back to empty).

Hope that clarifies the third one.

on the 2nd one, while I can type in the number, and the boxes fill in, I can not do the reverse. Ideally, for each dot i click, it fills in and raises the count by 1.

I'll look into arrays, and how to work with them, still struggling with Lua...

thanks again!
    Lensman

Blog Entries
    3. I have no existing examples - you will have to nut that one out yourself
    2. Watch the video - I just did one on the weekend - I was doing it wrong until I watched the video - it works as you described it should
    1. I have a WiP that displays a random message when someone dies etc

here is an example.

Code:
        aDamage1 = {"(Fail)\nYou are hit and take damage!","(Fail)\nYou take damage!","(Fail)\nYou are wounded - take damage!","(Fail)\nOuch! Take damage!"};
    Code:
    function resolveAttack(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)

local nSkill = tonumber(rRoll.nSkill);
        local nAttack = rRoll.aDice[1].result + rRoll.aDice[2].result + nSkill;

local rMessage = ActionsManager.createActionMessage(rSource, rRoll);

if rTarget == nil then
            rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. " Attack Roll";
            Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);    
        else
            local nTarget = DB.getValue(rTarget.sCTNode .. ".reach") + math.random(6) + math.random(6);
            if nAttack < nTarget then 
                sResult = dataLibrary.aDamage1[math.random(4)];
            elseif nAttack > nTarget then 
                sResult = dataLibrary.aDamage2[math.random(4)];
            else 
                sResult = dataLibrary.aDamage3[math.random(6)];
            end
            rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. " vs " .. rTarget.sName .. " (" .. nTarget .. ")\n" .. sResult;
            Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);    
       end

end

Love the product wish I was more talented.
    I am wanting to change a roll value by one dice "d6 to a d8 or d12 to d10" depending on the stack modifier. Does one of your videos demonstrate this action?

Blog Entries
    Hopefully by next week I will have uploaded a ruleset for my little pony. It might give you some clues. Not the same mechanic but a little similar.

Thread Information