STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 23 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    [Edit] :This issue is resolved in 4.0.2. Thanks for the quick turn around!

Heya, we use both of the critical extensions in FGC, with the latest version from here, our barbarian can't land melee damage. We get
    [3/5/2021 10:06:26 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-Nat20.lua"]:300: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    when we try to roll damage. Non-critical, she is raging, great weapon master, reckless attack.
    Turned off all her effects and it works.
    With Rage on it does not work.
    With Great weapon master on it does not work.

Basically, can't roll damage when either Rage and/or great weapon master is on.
    Last edited by ZergorX; March 8th, 2021 at 19:53. Reason: Mark resolved.

Fixed! It was the Nat20 extension. Version 4.0.2 can be downloaded from the NAT20 OP here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...k-s-Natural-20

It had to do with the constant damage. I still need to fix the output in the case of there only being constant damage in effects, i.e. DMG: 2. It computes damage correctly, but doesn't print that in the chat window. For example, it should say "[EFFECTS: +2]" but it doesn't.

Thanks for reporting this!
    Last edited by TheoGeek; March 6th, 2021 at 06:41.

Over in the Nat20 thread, Zelannii had asked about making critical damage more akin to 2e where it just doubled the damage. I added it.

Here is a beta version if you want to try it out...

Note that the extension Options matter as you can enable double damage max damage and retain extra critical dice and get a CRAP ton of damage. If you just want double damage, you should set the options for double damage option, removing critical dice, and not maxxing anything.

Also note that doubling the damage is simply that - the result of each included damage dice is doubled and that sum is added to the doubled modifier total. It outputs to the chat window oddly in that a 6 sided die might say "10" if a 5 was rolled, but the output will also indicate "[IMPROVED CRITICAL DOUBLED " so you know what's going on.

This may become standard soon, so please let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Found my own error after some more testing

Ignore this post, found the source of the error was on my end... a lovely id10t error
    Last edited by jakobmalkav; April 20th, 2021 at 23:55. Reason: Found my error

Good to hear! I hate those id10t errors - I fall prey to them all the time. hehe

Hey Theo, is there a way to make only the first d6 of a sneak attack and hunter's mark to be maxed?
    Thanks for the mod

Quote Originally Posted by Conradhowlf View Post
    Hey Theo, is there a way to make only the first d6 of a sneak attack and hunter's mark to be maxed?
    Thanks for the mod
    I'll check it out, but it'll probably require special case code since, for example, the RAW for sneak attack rolls all those dice twice so my critical code maxxes those rolls. I might look into creating a special option or something...

Yea, I was thinking of just fracturing the sneak attack effects, but I did not manage to make just 1d6 crit, and the other 2d6 from the other effect not crit, so for now I'm just adding a 1d4 to the crit, so it does 2d6+1d4+crit of base damage...
    I'll just leave as that for now
    Thanks for the reply Theo!
    Last edited by Conradhowlf; May 22nd, 2021 at 19:15.

OK, so I updated this to add support for PFRPG2. I probably should rename it now, huh? Not sure if I'll add other rulesets, but the PFRPG2 one is not used by me (I don't play Pathfinder), but adding support turned out to not be super hard. I can't debug it as well, nor will I be putting much time into testing, so just reply with any issues and I may ask for debugging help.

That said, does this extension need a new thread or can a mod rename this one to just "Theogeek's Improved Critical"?

I'll post it soon.

Just rename the thread and note in the first post that it supports both rulesets. or you can rename it and add the supported rulesets at the end. ie "Theogeek's Improved Critical (5E, PFRPG2)"
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information