5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 23 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylomorph View Post
    Additional note: Changing the Disable Critical Damage Dice from Remove crit die to Force crits to 0 avoids the error.
    Thanks for reporting...I'll get on it!

Given your use case (setting the "Remove crit dice" option), are you wanting to only max normal damage and bypass the 5e crit mechanic of extra dice? Until I get this sorted out, I'd suggest setting them to 0 instead of removing them...that will give you the same end result, but you'll just see the critical dice with "0" values instead of not seeing them. The "remove" vs "set to zero" was supposed to be a strictly cosmetic change...this is the first report of it causing an error.

Thanks again!

Thank you for providing such a useful extension!

You are correct, we want to replace the 5e critical hit damage mechanic (double all dice) with the old 4e critical hit damage mechanic (max all dice). The "set to zero" option works perfectly for us.

Note that it only causes trouble when the character rolling crit damage has a "DMG: N" effect.

I added a new version of the extension (4.2) to the first post.

As always, let me know of any issues!

Thanks!
    Jeff.

This works flawlessly in my test setup. Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Hylomorph View Post
    This works flawlessly in my test setup. Thanks much!
    Glad to hear...I think I also shored up another place where an issue could crop up, so hopefully there won't be any more updates needed unless I get a hair and try to add more functionality...hehe

Hey great extension btw. But we ran into a few snags with the latest updates. When the crit rolls It does maximize the weapon die and it adds in the 2nd weapon die but it does not seem to add in the stat modifier at all. So for example Longsword normal 1d8 + 5 for str. When crit it does 8 + Die roll of 4 +5 for stat but total only shows 12 instead of 17. not to sure if it broke with the latest version of FGU

Quote Originally Posted by tmandeville View Post
    Hey great extension btw. But we ran into a few snags with the latest updates. When the crit rolls It does maximize the weapon die and it adds in the 2nd weapon die but it does not seem to add in the stat modifier at all. So for example Longsword normal 1d8 + 5 for str. When crit it does 8 + Die roll of 4 +5 for stat but total only shows 12 instead of 17. not to sure if it broke with the latest version of FGU
    Thanks for the report!

Do you have any other extensions loaded? (I run with a bunch)

I just tried with a club (1d4 + 5) and it did what I would expect...maxxed damage dice, rolled extra dice, and added strength bonus.

I loaded a new campaign with only the Improved Critical extension loaded and it worked as well.

Can you try that?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. I will have to try it when i get home and will do some testing and let you know.

Hey did some quick testing and only the Crit extension turned on and still not working. In this example rolled normally for a hand cross bow he was D6+3 and rolled correctly but when crit it only seems to be adding +1 and not his full stat even though everything is programed correctly. I tested it with another character and it seems to be subracting 2 of the stat modifier. so with the new character he was doing D6 + 4 with str and when rolling crit it did only +2 for stat. Here are some crit examples and doesnt seem to make sense.

Critical 2.PNG
    Critical.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by tmandeville View Post
    Hey did some quick testing and only the Crit extension turned on and still not working. In this example rolled normally for a hand cross bow he was D6+3 and rolled correctly but when crit it only seems to be adding +1 and not his full stat even though everything is programed correctly. I tested it with another character and it seems to be subracting 2 of the stat modifier. so with the new character he was doing D6 + 4 with str and when rolling crit it did only +2 for stat. Here are some crit examples and doesnt seem to make sense.

Critical 2.PNG
    Critical.PNG
    It really looks like there is some penalty being applied, not sure why tho. The tell is in the description in the chat box (1d8-2=6). My extension doesn't mess with that stuff, it only changes the total of the roll if it needs to. Can you try NOT loading the extension at all and see what a critical hit does? It's weird for sure. If that doesn't pan out, PM me and you can zip up your campaign and send it to me and I can see if there's something funny going on. I can't get it to do that on my end.

Thread Information