STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 23 First 1234513 ... Last
    Same issue, and it sounds like the fix is incoming. If you want another use case:

For our campaigns, instead of automatically applying damage to PCs,

1. The DM rolls damage in the chat window
    2. players drag damage from the chat window to themselves in the CT.

It's just something we decided we liked a long time ago. So, we run into the issue as described.

Thanks for the extension, Theo!

Thanks for the input! I'll try to get something together and posted today or tomorrow.

I'll try to test it with the 5E Enhancer and all by itself as well.

Also, I'll try to remember to use a player instance as well. I am never a player so I never use it as a player. hehe

OK, I uploaded a version 4.1 (linked from the OP)..try it out and let me know how it works.

Also, I couldn't get any SHIFT/CTRL/ALT click dragging to do anything other than apply damage as rolled. It behaved that way even when the 5E Enhancer was the only extension I had loaded (even without my Improved Critical extension).

However, in the latest version of FGU, right clicking on the damage roll in the chat window brings up a context menu where you can negate the damage, halve it, double it, or display it as rolled. Dragging that modified damage works as it should.

Thanks again!
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    OK, I uploaded a version 4.1 (linked from the OP)..try it out and let me know how it works.

Also, I couldn't get any SHIFT/CTRL/ALT click dragging to do anything other than apply damage as rolled. It behaved that way even when the 5E Enhancer was the only extension I had loaded (even without my Improved Critical extension).

However, in the latest version of FGU, right clicking on the damage roll in the chat window brings up a context menu where you can negate the damage, halve it, double it, or display it as rolled. Dragging that modified damage works as it should.

Thanks again!
    Jeff.
    In Classic, you could use Ctrl Drag from the chat to invert the value, so 5 damage would become 5 heal, but that was removed in Unity I believe. for now you just right click on the number in chat and select the invert option
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    In Classic, you could use Ctrl Drag from the chat to invert the value, so 5 damage would become 5 heal, but that was removed in Unity I believe. for now you just right click on the number in chat and select the invert option
    Ah...that makes sense then. One word - I did not test this in FGC because I don't use that platform anymore.

Tested 4.1 and it does address the console error generated when dragging a result from the chat to the CT.

Thank you very much!

Our campaign ran into a bug last night. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a character with a weapon.
    2. Add the effect "DMG: 2" to the character.
    3. Double-click the damage field of the weapon in the character sheet. The damage is rolled in the chat window with the additional +2 from the effect; everything works.
    4. Hold shift and double-click to roll crit damage; error in console.

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-ImprovedCritical.lua"]:220: attempt to index local 'tempDie' (a nil value)
    This was in FGU v4.0.1. This bug occurs in both v4.0 and v4.1 of the extension. Extension Options:

• Disable critical damage dice - Remove crit die
    • Max Dice: Critical - No
    • Max Dice: Damage - Yes
    • Max Dice: Effect - Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hylomorph View Post
    Our campaign ran into a bug last night. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a character with a weapon.
    2. Add the effect "DMG: 2" to the character.
    3. Double-click the damage field of the weapon in the character sheet. The damage is rolled in the chat window with the additional +2 from the effect; everything works.
    4. Hold shift and double-click to roll crit damage; error in console.

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-ImprovedCritical.lua"]:220: attempt to index local 'tempDie' (a nil value)
    This was in FGU v4.0.1. This bug occurs in both v4.0 and v4.1 of the extension. Extension Options:

• Disable critical damage dice - Remove crit die
    • Max Dice: Critical - No
    • Max Dice: Damage - Yes
    • Max Dice: Effect - Yes
    I'm not getting this at all. perhaps there is some interaction between another extension?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I thought the same thing! But this is a new campaign with only the improved crit extension loaded. There's some other variable here, but I don't know what. I attached the log dump; maybe there's something in them.

I've reproduced it with two different computers hosting, as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hylomorph; November 25th, 2020 at 16:17.

Additional note: Changing the Disable Critical Damage Dice from Remove crit die to Force crits to 0 avoids the error.

Thread Information