STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 24 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    I was testing with a character hitting themselves, so I'm not sure faction should affect it, might be something strange happening there

looks like something was messed up. It's not doing that anymore.

I'm pretty sure figured it out. I'm calling "ActionDamage.getReductionType(rSource, rTarget, "IMMUNE")" which apparently has a side effect of expiring the expiring effects, so the extension removes the effect prior to the damage being computed by the engine resulting in the target no longer being crit immune. Should be an easy fix so the new version should be up sometime tonight!
    Last edited by TheoGeek; January 5th, 2022 at 22:23.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick work, I did not expect it to be resolved so soon!

Uploaded 7.1.6 to the forge. Fixes a bug with targets whose "IMMUNE: critical" effect is expiring.

Thanks EisenF for reporting it and ShadowedHand for confirming!

MaxCritTest.PNG

Just got home, updated FG and tested again. The attachment is from a screenshot.

Damage Roll 1 is a CRIT with IMMUNE: critical applied to the target, set to 'expend' On Next Action

Damage Roll 2 is a CRIT right after.

So, as far as I can tell, the sequence is now listed correctly.

Before, it was listing the sequence as if the damage was being applied AFTER the effect expired, but still calculating the damage correctly.

A niche oddity of an error, but an error none the less.

Thanks TheoGeek!

Great!

The bug was in a function that I was using to get the effects from the target. The "get" function that I thought simply returned the status also has a side effect of expiring effects that are set to expire. So my extension was expiring the effect and then the ruleset's damage calculation function called that same function and, of course, didn't find the critical immunity because it was already expired.

Fortunately, it was an easy fix - I just had to manually search the effects for the "IMMUNITY: critical" one and return "true" if it was found.

Thanks for the input - I'd likely have never found this bug without it!

Uploaded 7.1.7 to the forge. Fixes a bug with targets whose "IMMUNE: critical" effect is inactive.

In my game last night, I got this. Looks like a left over debug statement.
    v7.1.7
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    In my game last night, I got this. Looks like a left over debug statement.
    v7.1.7
    DOH! Thanks for pointing that out...removed it and updated the forge. I left the version at 7.1.7 though because I didn't think this warranted a new one.

I've been using this extension for a long time! It has been a while since I updated; I have been using 5.1. I tried using the Forge version today (7.1.7) and found a possible regression. Maxing damage dice and removing crit dice wasn't working. In a new campaign with only this extension loaded:

Capture.PNG

Am I missing something?

Thread Information