DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 23 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Uploaded 6.1.1 to the forge. Fixes a bug when used with PF2. Thanks to toastsniffer187 for reporting it!

Amazing, so glad I found this. Your default setup has been my house rule for decades! So glad to have this automated now.

Expect a tip in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowedHand View Post
    Amazing, so glad I found this. Your default setup has been my house rule for decades! So glad to have this automated now.
    Thanks! Glad you like it!

Uploaded 6.1.2 to the forge. Removed the "5E/PF2" text in the extension list.

Something to watch for if and only if you drag a critical damage roll result from the chat window to a crit immune target. It will apply the "maxxed" non-critical dice rolled, regardless of the option to "Apply to crit immune targets" because when damage is dragged, the ruleset does not remember anything about the roll except what is in the description.

So, for example, if you roll an untargetted critical damage roll with a greatsword and the "normal damage" would have been 4(normal) + 5(crit) = 9, but because of this extension it was 12 (6+6) + 5(crit) = 17, if you drag that damage from the chat window to a crit immune target, it will behave as if you have the option "Apply to crit immune targets" checked and it will do 12 damage, when you'd expect it to do 4.

I'm working on a way to handle this by incrementing a "damage difference" number and subtracting it from the dragged total if it needs to be, but it's not trivial because of the options and may take a while. In the meantime, you should check the "rolled: xx" text in the roll description to see what the appropriate damage difference should be and add it back to the target's HP.

Again, this is only a problem if you drag a critical damage roll from the chat window to a crit immune target.
    Last edited by TheoGeek; November 21st, 2021 at 02:51.

Uploaded 7.0 to the forge.

- Correctly handle dragging untargeted critical rolls to crit immune targets.
    - reformat output to aid in that

Does the extension in PF2 double dice and modifiers when a critical hit is made? Or just the dice?

I'm pretty sure it doubles the modifiers too, but I'd need to check - that's what the intent was for doubling - it basically doubles the damage total. But, I think maybe a better option is to just double all rolled damage and leave modifiers alone. I think a few of us have had that conversation before because I'm not at all familiar with what people's expectations are for PF2E since I never play it.

I'll probably be able to spend a bit of time over the Christmas holiday working on it so if we can revisit the discussion from like post #86 in this thread and come up with a good base, it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doubles the modifiers too, but I'd need to check - that's what the intent was for doubling - it basically doubles the damage total. But, I think maybe a better option is to just double all rolled damage and leave modifiers alone. I think a few of us have had that conversation before because I'm not at all familiar with what people's expectations are for PF2E since I never play it.

I'll probably be able to spend a bit of time over the Christmas holiday working on it so if we can revisit the discussion from like post #86 in this thread and come up with a good base, it would be helpful.

Thanks!
    RAW page 451 “Sometimes you’ll need to halve or double an amount of damage, such as when the outcome of your Strike is a critical hit, or when you succeed at a basic Reflex save against a spell. When this happens, you roll the damage normally, adding all the normal modifiers, bonuses, and penalties. Then you double or halve the amount as appropriate”

As far as I can see, it appears to double the dice correctly if Disable critical Damage Dice is set to Remove crit die or Force crits to 0 and Doube Dice set to Yes, in the options (all others set to No), but it appears to quadruple the modifier

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information