STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 14 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Hey TheoGeek, new error... 118 vs. 110

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-Nat20.lua"]:118:bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string)

Quote Originally Posted by EliForge View Post
    Hey TheoGeek, new error... 118 vs. 110

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-Nat20.lua"]:118:bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string)
    OK...I can only reproduce this by dragging damage from a damage clause on a character sheet or the combat tracker without rolling... is that what you are doing? I've never considered that as a way to roll damage.

If that's a common use, I'll need to rework the extension to handle that scenario.

For now though, if you roll the dice instead of drag them, it should work.

Thanks!

Edited to rework this post, as my first attempt was confusing...

I believe my use-case is common, but would love to know if I am the aberration.

As I understand it, there are two ways of rolling TO HIT/DAMAGE:
    * Drag/drop onto your target
    * Select your target, then double-click the TO-HIT/DAMAGE section

My players and I have always defaulted to the first option.
    Last edited by EliForge; February 19th, 2021 at 22:56. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by EliForge View Post
    Edited to rework this post, as my first attempt was confusing...

I believe my use-case is common, but would love to know if I am the aberration.

As I understand it, there are two ways of rolling TO HIT/DAMAGE:
    * Drag/drop onto your target
    * Select your target, then double-click the TO-HIT/DAMAGE section

My players and I have always defaulted to the first option.
    MAN! How sad is it that I've been using FantasyGrounds for YEARS and never knew that was a thing. I'll add this to my testing from now on!

Making progress towards working for both drag-and-drop damage AND rolling damage...hopefully tonight or tomorrow! I'll test with Advanced Weapon Damage after I've got it working "normally".

Figures! Now I have it working with BOTH drag and drop and rolls. YAY! But when I am using Advanced Weapon Damage, it only works with drag and drop! BOO! Progress I guess...

So, I noticed this error: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-Nat20.lua"]:332: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Any thoughts? This is a clean 5e build with only a font ext installed. Also, it only happens when I use a number like DMG:1 and not when I use something like DMG:1d4. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, I didn't code it to handle things I didn't do.

Seriously though, I'm working on an update that should fix stuff like that (*hopefully*), but I'm not sure when it'll be ready. *Hopefully* "soon"!

And bratch9 is being super helpful - and will likely be the reason this ends up working.

Thank you both for all the hard work!

Thread Information