5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnas View Post
    Hi, I'm getting this sort of error, when rolling damage from the Player side of the app:

Attachment 42841
    Attachment 42842
    That's what the coding on an effect for Mace of Smiting was. And when I initially did this on DM side, it worked just fine. It works on Player end exactly until it actually crits.

Now, I've been trying to use plenty of extensions, and with some trial and error it seems that it has something to do with Advanced Effects extension, when I tried to make some things like automated Mace of Smiting that would automatically put an effect on character that would detect type of target and roll higher critical damage on natural 20.
    Since when I turn it off and paste the effect formula as normal effect without Advanced effects, it seems to be working normally.
    Other than Nat20, I'm using DruidWildshape, 5e Enhancer, and Constitutional Amendments.
    OK, so I found out where the issue of the client not being able to access the database was, and I put in a fix that works, both for me as a GM and for me as a connected client.

New version in the original post.

Let me know if you find any other issues, or if this fails again for you. There are a few things to try if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    OK, so I found out where the issue of the client not being able to access the database was, and I put in a fix that works, both for me as a GM and for me as a connected client.

New version in the original post.

Let me know if you find any other issues, or if this fails again for you. There are a few things to try if it doesn't.
    Thanks, I'll check it out soon.

EDIT: I've checked it, it seems to work well with all other extensions. Thank you again. Now I'll go bother Aura Effects thread for basically same reason =)
    Last edited by Karnas; January 19th, 2021 at 05:45. Reason: I've Checked

Great! It made me want to revisit my extensions. I do need to be careful though because we have a saying at our house - "if it ain't broke, it hasn't been fixed enough yet."

...and I revisited it. Posted a new version in the OP.

In a nutshell:

1) Totally refactored (enables adding these damage types as weapon damage as well as effects)
    2) Added new menu options
    3) Added "supercrit" that damages even crit immune targets.

Lemme know how it works!

Sorry for all the drama around this update...ugh...when I get it all working properly, I'll post the update. I removed 2.x and uploaded 1.2 again because that at least worked reliably.

Hi! I'm getting an error with v3.0 when I drag damage to a character in the CT. With all extension disabled, works fine.

With Nat20 (v3.0) enabled, when I drag damage to a character, I get this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-Nat20.lua"]:110:bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string)

EDIT: When I target the character first, then double-click my damage die, works fine. Error only seems to happen when I drag the damage die to the target in the CT...
    Last edited by EliForge; February 18th, 2021 at 01:35.

Thanks TheoGeek! For what it's worth, I was receiving the error DM-side.

Thanks! I heard about this one and am working on a fix...I never drag-n-drop damage so I never saw it. I guess I'll start testing that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by EliForge View Post
    Hi! I'm getting an error with v3.0 when I drag damage to a character in the CT. With all extension disabled, works fine.

With Nat20 (v3.0) enabled, when I drag damage to a character, I get this error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/5E-Theogeek-Nat20.lua"]:110:bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string)

EDIT: When I target the character first, then double-click my damage die, works fine. Error only seems to happen when I drag the damage die to the target in the CT...
    I *think* I fixed it...wanna give it a try (download link in first post).

Thanks!

Thread Information