5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 14 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Thanks for the pics!

So, I loaded the Elven Accuracy extension and put a couple effects on my character and it works as I'd expect, but I did not use Elven Accuracy. I did notice that it didn't print "Natural 20" in your Nat 20 hit, that's something I can look into.

OK, I just generated a case to test this with...I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks for the pics!

So, I loaded the Elven Accuracy extension and put a couple effects on my character and it works as I'd expect, but I did not use Elven Accuracy. I did notice that it didn't print "Natural 20" in your Nat 20 hit, that's something I can look into.

OK, I just generated a case to test this with...I was able to roll 3 d20s for the attack, and I always ended up with a nat20 in the output and the extra nat20 damage.

Any chance you could PM me your character?

OK, I just generated a case to test this with...I was able to roll 3 d20s for the attack, and I always ended up with a nat20 in the output and the extra nat20 damage.

The character is rather complicated, because it is a level 18 Fighter/Barbarian, but I can easily make a test character if it will help.

It is actually 2 different characters in the same game, A fighter/rogue that has elven accuracy, and a barbarian/fighter that has a weapon that does bonus damage on a nat 20.

No matter what combination of attacks (ranged, melee, dex bonus for elven accuracy, normal attacks that wouldn't benefit from elven accuracy, advantaged, etc.), I can't get this to fail in the way you are seeing it fail.

This is all with both extensions loaded.

I think I figured it out. Apparently, the reason I couldn't get it to fail is because I always ran it in my environment which includes a TON of other extensions. Something about how all of those extensions interact causes Elven Accuracy and Nat20 to play nicely together.

But when they are the only extensions on the playground, they don't get along.

It looks like a fairly simple update to Elven Accuracy, I'll ping the author to let him know.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think I figured it out. Apparently, the reason I couldn't get it to fail is because I always ran it in my environment which includes a TON of other extensions. Something about how all of those extensions interact causes Elven Accuracy and Nat20 to play nicely together.

But when they are the only extensions on the playground, they don't get along.

It looks like a fairly simple update to Elven Accuracy, I'll ping the author to let him know.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for looking into it I was about to post my screenshot. I just created a test campaign where the only thing in it was Elven Accuracy, and NAT20 with the 5E SRD, a level 1 Human Fighter with a greatsword that does an extra 1d8 on a nat 20, and I was gonna give you a screenshot of it not working.

Glad you figured it out. It is interesting that you had at least 1 extension in your environment that caused them to work together. I have about 8 extensions I am using, and suddenly within the last week the NAT20 stopped working, I went through 1 by one to figure out which one was breaking it. I would have never discovered it if I had another extension that let them play nice together.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraxe View Post
    Thanks for looking into it I was about to post my screenshot. I just created a test campaign where the only thing in it was Elven Accuracy, and NAT20 with the 5E SRD, a level 1 Human Fighter with a greatsword that does an extra 1d8 on a nat 20, and I was gonna give you a screenshot of it not working.

Glad you figured it out. It is interesting that you had at least 1 extension in your environment that caused them to work together. I have about 8 extensions I am using, and suddenly within the last week the NAT20 stopped working, I went through 1 by one to figure out which one was breaking it. I would have never discovered it if I had another extension that let them play nice together.
    Thanks for reporting it!

Hi, I'm getting this sort of error, when rolling damage from the Player side of the app:

Nat20 error message.JPG
    mace of smiting.JPG
    That's what the coding on an effect for Mace of Smiting was. And when I initially did this on DM side, it worked just fine. It works on Player end exactly until it actually crits.

Now, I've been trying to use plenty of extensions, and with some trial and error it seems that it has something to do with Advanced Effects extension, when I tried to make some things like automated Mace of Smiting that would automatically put an effect on character that would detect type of target and roll higher critical damage on natural 20.
    Since when I turn it off and paste the effect formula as normal effect without Advanced effects, it seems to be working normally.
    Other than Nat20, I'm using DruidWildshape, 5e Enhancer, and Constitutional Amendments.
    Last edited by Karnas; January 14th, 2021 at 07:50.

Thanks for the report! I'll look into it as soon as I can. I've been using it without issue for a while, but I don't frequently test it from the player side. I'll do some debugging there and see what I can find.

Thread Information