DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Do you use Better Combat Extensions or Blissful Ignorance? I needed to unload those because my extension doesn't use the applyDamage function that is throwing the error..

I can use both Nat20 and Improved Critical fine without those extensions loaded.

BCE also errors when it's the only extension loaded but I'm not sure what's causing it.
    Last edited by TheoGeek; July 20th, 2022 at 01:47.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Do you use Better Combat Extensions or Blissful Ignorance? I needed to unload those because my extension doesn't use the applyDamage function that is throwing the error..

I can use both Nat20 and Improved Critical fine without those extensions loaded.

BCE also errors when it's the only extension loaded but I'm not sure what's causing it.
    I do use them...So it is a conflict. Sorry for the false flag.

I did try this by itself and on a 20 it throws an error?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the report! I'll check it out!

Uploaded 6.1.2 to the forge to fix ActionAttack.applyAttack header change that resulted in the above error.

Thanks nephranka!
    Last edited by TheoGeek; July 20th, 2022 at 05:40.

No problem! I am glad it was an easy fix.

Found an error with v6.1.2. 5e campaign, Only this extension loaded for testing.

When applying a negative damage, it is not healing as expected. The default behavior is that when a negative damage is applied, it is turned into a heal. With this extension loaded, applying negative damage is applied just as damage.

This method is very useful to undo accidental damage rolls by players/DMs, so the default behavior is preferred.

steps to recreate
    damage creature in CT
    In chat, right click the damage amount and select Negate Value, turning it from a positive to a negative.
    drag the negative damage from the chat to the CT entry
    It should heal for the negative amount, instead it damages.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Found an error with v6.1.2. 5e campaign, Only this extension loaded for testing.

When applying a negative damage, it is not healing as expected. The default behavior is that when a negative damage is applied, it is turned into a heal. With this extension loaded, applying negative damage is applied just as damage.

This method is very useful to undo accidental damage rolls by players/DMs, so the default behavior is preferred.

steps to recreate
    damage creature in CT
    In chat, right click the damage amount and select Negate Value, turning it from a positive to a negative.
    drag the negative damage from the chat to the CT entry
    It should heal for the negative amount, instead it damages.
    Thanks for the report and the way to recreate it!

Pretty sure I found the bug so I'll be updating the forge soon.

One thing though, I tried this with no extensions loaded in a new campaign and the ruleset as coded does not handle damage resistances or immunities with negative damage well. For example, if a creature with fire immunity takes fire damage from a weapon, that damage is eliminated and proper damage is dealt. But, if I then make that damage negative and drag it to the target, the total damage is negated and the target is healed for even the fire damage.

My extension does not address that, so it will have the same behavior.

Thanks again!

Forge updated to 6.1.3 to handle that bug.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Forge updated to 6.1.3 to handle that bug.
    Awesome, thanks.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information