5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 43 of 53 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    function onInit()
    local sRuleset = User.getRulesetName()
    -- replace result handlers
    if sRuleset == "PFRPG" or sRuleset == "3.5E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeapons, 'T-Shirt Cannon') -- use lines like these to require loading actions for weapons that include this word in their name
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeaponProps, 'junk') -- use lines like these to require loading actions for weapons with this property
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, 'crossbow') -- use lines like these to remove loading actions from weapons that include this word
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeaponProps, 'heroic') -- use lines like these to remove loading actions for weapons with this property
    elseif sRuleset == "4E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeapons, 'Softball Bat')
    elseif sRuleset == "5E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, 'crossbow') -- use lines like these to remove loading actions from weapons that include this word
    end
    end
    tNoLoadWeapons only overrides tLoadWeapons and tNoLoadWeaponProps only overrides tLoadWeaponProps.
    Your crossbow probably has the loading property so even if it's not matching because of crossbow it's still matching loading.
    Do you think tNoLoadWeapons should override tLoadWeaponProps as well?

table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeaponProps, 'loading') would work currently, but will also remove the button for other weapons with that property

I have uploaded a new version of the custom ext in the first post that has much clearer documentation about all this.
    Last edited by bmos; March 19th, 2023 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    tNoLoadWeapons only overrides tLoadWeapons and tNoLoadWeaponProps only overrides tLoadWeaponProps.
    Your crossbow probably has the loading property so even if it's not matching because of crossbow it's still matching loading.
    Do you think tNoLoadWeapons should override tLoadWeaponProps as well?

table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeaponProps, 'loading') would work currently, but will also remove the button for other weapons with that property

I have uploaded a new version of the custom ext in the first post that has much clearer documentation about all this.
    I tried the "table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeaponProps , 'loading')" and it still has a load button on the heavy crossbow. Not sure how to get this to go away.

In 5e we don't have to worry about "loading" so the button just adds a click to the overall action to attack that is not needed. Having a way to set all crossbows to not loading would be ideal for my group.

Here is my file:
    function onInit()
    local sRuleset = User.getRulesetName()

-- These sections allow you to limit changes to specific ruleset(s)
    if sRuleset == "PFRPG" or sRuleset == "3.5E" then
    -- put your lines here to limit them to PFRPG or 3.5E
    elseif sRuleset == "4E" then
    -- put your lines here to limit them to 4E
    elseif sRuleset == "5E" then
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeaponProps, 'loading')
    end

-- This section allows you to change all supported rulesets.
    -- IMPORTANT: remove any examples you don't want or disable them without deleting them by adding "-- " before "table.insert"
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeapons, "T-Shirt Cannon") -- use lines like these to require loading actions for weapons that include this word in their name
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tNoLoadWeapons, "crossbow") -- use lines like these to remove loading actions from weapons that include this word (overrides tLoadWeapons)
    table.insert(AmmunitionManager.tLoadWeaponProps, "junk") -- use lines like these to require loading actions for weapons with this property
    table.in

Otherwise, everything seem to work fine in tonight's game.

Ammunition Manager v4.0-rc.1
    • Reworked UI in 5E and PFRPG to count hits and misses separately and allow recovering either to different ammo items (such as for magic items that lose their magic when they hit).
    • Pretty major back-end changes to support these changes in a modular fashion.
    • All data for extension is now stored in a sub-node of each weapon rather than directly inside the weapon -- kind of like having a subfolder.
    • Removed Starfinder support as it is being forked into its own extension by SoxMax.
    • Updated UI to resize its width along with the rest of the weapon details window.
    • Loading property in 5E no longer requires loading manually as it takes no discrete action.
    Click here to see raw code changes

Gave the 4.0-rc.1 a try and the crossbows are still adding with a load button in 5e. Maybe I need to use the other ext to sort them out? Or I can just use the noload property on the crossbows as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; March 20th, 2023 at 02:07.

Ah, I found a place where 5e was totally ignoring everything I had done and just looking for crossbow and loading >.<
    Try rc.2! It's definitely working now!

I will test it tonight. Thanks.

v4 has now been released.

Ammunition Manager v4.0-hotfix.2
    • Reworked UI in 5E and PFRPG to count hits and misses separately and allow recovering either to different ammo items (such as for magic items that lose their magic when they hit).
    • Pretty major back-end changes to support these changes in a modular fashion.
    • All data for extension is now stored in a sub-node of each weapon rather than directly inside the weapon -- kind of like having a subfolder.
    • Removed Starfinder support as it has been forked into its own extension by SoxMax.
    • Updated UI to resize its width along with the rest of the weapon details window.
    • Optional Custom Loading Weapons ext can now add and remove item names and properties from search lists.
    • Loading property in 5E no longer requires loading manually as it takes no discrete action. Crossbow Expert feat no longer used to remove loading button on Crossbows (as they don't have it now unless you do that yourself).
    • HOTFIX: Move 5e field visibility code to another function to facilitate easier extension compatibility patching.
    • HOTFIX: Fix potential issue of onAttackAction not being de-registered correctly in 5e when char_weapon windowclass is unloaded
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; March 28th, 2023 at 01:37.

Hello Bmos, hello B9,
    I have discovered a compatibility issue in-between B9's Advanced Weapon Damage and Bmos' Ammunition Manager extension. Nothing causing a script error, just an inconsistent UI.
    Tested with a fresh 5e campaign and only those two extensions (plus B9 Core, so actually three) loaded.
    When both are loaded, the "load" button is visible even for melee weapons. You can load and unload them (with corresponding chat notification), and both extensions work, so it's just cosmetics.
    I suspect this is due to both extensions changing the weapon entry in the actions.
    I am sending a note to the other forum threat, but not repeat the post to avoid forking discussions.
    Screenshot 2023-03-27 222932.jpg

Thread Information