Starfinder Playlist
Page 41 of 53 First ... 31394041424351 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Not sure what is going on but it is working now. I did see a CoreRPG.dat update come through. I am not sure if it is related.
    That's because I fixed it
    I just forgot to update the on-load version number announcement to v3.14-hotfix.1
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I have pushed a fix

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    In 5E, the enchantment on a magic arrow (+1, etc.) expires if it hits the target. In 5E, the recovery function for this extension tracks shots, not missed. Is it accounting for 'hits' when it recovers magic arrows (under the hood, so to speak)?
    Sorry for the delay on this. I have a working prototype and would love feedback.

Basically if you set the second box to a different ammo type any recovered arrows will go there instead of returning to the original item.
    If the two boxes are set the same or if the second box is not set, recovered arrows go back to the original item count.

That's because I fixed it
    I just forgot to update the on-load version number announcement to v3.14-hotfix.1
    Thanks! I thought I was going crazy there.

Sorry for the delay on this. I have a working prototype and would love feedback.

Basically if you set the second box to a different ammo type any recovered arrows will go there instead of returning to the original item.
    If the two boxes are set the same or if the second box is not set, recovered arrows go back to the original item count.
    Just a thought:

Given that missed magic arrows stay magic and hits become non magical, maybe there needs to be a "misses" and "hits" field for magical ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Just a thought:

Given that missed magic arrows stay magic and hits become non magical, maybe there needs to be a "misses" and "hits" field for magical ammo?
    Ah, thanks!
    That does complicate things... Back to the drawing board.
    I guess I need to count misses and hits separately...

For reference:

"Arrow, +1
    Weapon, uncommon
    You have a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this piece of magic ammunition. Once it hits a target, the ammunition is no longer magical."

How's this? Now it counts misses and hits separately and allows you to recover either one.
    The workflow for magic arrows would be to set "recover to" to just "Arrows" before recovering hits and to set it to "+1 Arrows" before recovering misses.
    That's a bit fiddly, but it does allow for homebrew rules, special items, etc
    Last edited by bmos; March 16th, 2023 at 16:36.

Seems to meet the requirements. There are limits to how much you can really anticipate and automate. Some decisions still have to be made and some clicking required. Even so this is very good at minimizing all of that.

The one alternate approach that comes to mind would be duplicating the percentage as well and putting them back on the same line as the ammo picker.
    Pros: Perhaps a more intuitive interface. Misses go next to the ammo picker. Hits go next to the "alternate recover to" picker.
    Cons: Can't recover misses to an alternate. Doing this is kind of an edge case, but I'm sure some people would use it.

So I'd love feedback on whether that sounds significantly more intuitive.
    Last edited by bmos; March 16th, 2023 at 17:44.

The one alternate approach that comes to mind would be duplicating the percentage as well and putting them back on the same line as the ammo picker.
    Pros: Perhaps a more intuitive interface. Misses go next to the ammo picker. Hits go next to the "alternate recover to" picker.
    Cons: Can't recover misses to an alternate. Doing this is kind of an edge case, but I'm sure some people would use it.

So I'd love feedback on whether that sounds significantly more intuitive.
    I like this suggestion and I agree it does seem like an edge case but feels more intuitive, in my opinion.

Additionally, there is the issue of having normal ammo requiring you to recovery both hits and misses which is an extra step no matter which way it is implemented.

Is there a way to know magic ammo is selected? If so then proceed as outlined above but if normal ammo is used simply tally all hits and misses in one field (call it spent vs misses for example) allow for one click to recover? Just a thought.

Thread Information