5E Character Create Playlist
Page 36 of 53 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Maybe the shots number is not being reset after the recovery?
    The UI element was being changed, but no the entry in the database. I have pushed an update that should resolve that.

All good now. I had to pull the old character off the CT to reset everything. Thanks!

I was testing it today and I see the load/unload button is still there for the hand crossbow. Every time I roll an attack I have to click the load button. That is not a rule in 5e. Is there a way to disable that for 5e?
    Attached Images Attached Images

As someone who does not play 5E, I'm working on the word of others on that one.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ing#post642282
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post642209
    and more.

I don't really want to keep changing the behavior of the extension for 5e when I hear differing opinions on that, so I would need a pretty clear description of how best to handle that if I am going to change it further.
    In the meantime, perhaps remove the "loading" property from weapons if you don't want to have to load them.

No worries. I see the technical reason to have it but it is a little too "in the weeds" for my group. We can manage the rule without the additional clicking. Plus there are feats that override it as well.

I was just thinking I was missing a setting or option to switch it off.

I will edit the properties. That works for me. Thanks for the extra info.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    No worries. I see the technical reason to have it but it is a little too "in the weeds" for my group. We can manage the rule without the additional clicking. Plus there are feats that override it as well.

I was just thinking I was missing a setting or option to switch it off.

I will edit the properties. That works for me. Thanks for the extra info.
    It does support an exception for crossbows if the character has the crossbow expert feat.
    I will add "noload" as a negation property in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It does support an exception for crossbows if the character has the crossbow expert feat.
    I will add "noload" as a negation property in a future update.
    Thanks. I like your work around, so either works for me. I don't want to create any confusion with RAW/RAI and table specific requests.

Edit: The removing of the loading fixes my issue. I did note the crossbow expert feat did not resolve the loading requirement. I still had the button and was required to click it. I removed it and the character from the CT and added them both back with no change.
    Last edited by nephranka; August 4th, 2022 at 10:37.

So I am trying to use this extension with SFRPG, and it doesn't seem to work that much. At least with the laser weapons. If i have 1 battery in my inventory, an azimut laser pistol can only fire once, then it says it is empty. And it does seem to remove batteries as charges.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    So I am trying to use this extension with SFRPG, and it doesn't seem to work that much. At least with the laser weapons. If i have 1 battery in my inventory, an azimut laser pistol can only fire once, then it says it is empty. And it does seem to remove batteries as charges.

/H
    The starfinder interface/featureset is pretty different from the other rulesets supported in Ammunition Manager. I should make another video for that sometime.
    In SFRPG, you 'load' a battery by double-clicking the ammo count and then remaining charges are tracked for that battery using the checkboxes. It is working for me, so to help more I'd need to see a screenshot of the Actions tab and the item sheet showing the battery that you linked it to.

So it is defenitely being weird. I did unload any other extension before doing this. And i did figure out how to "reaload", but it didn't really act as expected.

Link removed.

/H
    Last edited by Honken; August 11th, 2022 at 21:36. Reason: Removing the link, no longer needed.

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Thread Information