Fallout 1
Page 20 of 32 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
  1. #191
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    It's probably an old extension. Not a problem. It really is out of the scope of what you are doing. I am able to edit the 5E ruleset to add the label of the action in the chat entry and it will work perfectly with your extension. The only problem is every time there is an update to the ruleset, it might get overwritten.
    That's what extension files do, they just make changes to the ruleset.
    If there isn't another extension that can get updated, I will look at adding this feature

    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Thanks for looking!
    I tested with latest off Forge and clean campaign (no extensions) BUT its a Warning notice when I check the console. Its not opening the console like an error would. Apparently Warnings in the console are not a big deal and not something to worry about. Thanks again for taking the time looking.
    Ah! Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't notice they were warnings.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  2. #192
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,526
    I have pushed a new build that should fix both of those issues.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That's what extension files do, they just make changes to the ruleset.
    If there isn't another extension that can get updated, I will look at adding this feature
    As it turns out, the Audio Overseer extension will have a new version coming that will handle multi-line support so there is no longer a need to have the action label in the last line of the chat. This means I can remove the extension that is causing a problem with yours. So problem is solved! No need to look into it at all. Thanks! Great extension by the way.

  4. #194
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    As it turns out, the Audio Overseer extension will have a new version coming that will handle multi-line support so there is no longer a need to have the action label in the last line of the chat. This means I can remove the extension that is causing a problem with yours. So problem is solved! No need to look into it at all. Thanks! Great extension by the way.
    ha! nice.
    I already added the feature so I'll leave it in place for now.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  5. #195
    What you did works and solves all problems too! Thanks!

  6. #196
    So question, how do I use the Ammunition drop down in the weapon window? The character has arrows and a shortbow in inventory. The Actions tab has the shortbow. When I go into the shortbow and look at it, the ammunition drop down is empty.
    How do I get it to populate the arrows the character has?
    How do I say what arrows the shortbow is using?
    I was thinking it might populate the drop down on equipped items, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

    Currently what I've been doing is using the other Extension that adds effects to items.
    So if I have a +1 Shortbow, and 20 +1 arrows, and 5 +2 Evil Outsider Demon arrows. This is what they would look like.
    Shortbow Effect: BOW; action only
    +1 arrows effect: IF: CUSTOM(Bow); DMGTYPE: magic ATK: 1; DMG: 1
    +2 Evil Outsider Demon arrows effect: IF: CUSTOM(Bow); DMGTYPE: magic; IFT: TYPE(outsider); IFT: TYPE(demon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2d6+2;
    I've not been using the ammo on the weapon, instead I go to the inventory tab and decrease the count based on number shot in the attack.
    Now how this works is, I equip the bow, I equip the arrows I want to use and then attack with the bow.
    Now if only I can figure out how to get this extension to decrease the count on the arrows in the inventory... I'm thinking it has to do with the drop down just not sure what's missing, as it's empty.

  7. #197
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    So question, how do I use the Ammunition drop down in the weapon window? The character has arrows and a shortbow in inventory. The Actions tab has the shortbow. When I go into the shortbow and look at it, the ammunition drop down is empty.
    How do I get it to populate the arrows the character has?
    How do I say what arrows the shortbow is using?
    I was thinking it might populate the drop down on equipped items, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Perhaps you don't have the arrows equipped?
    Right now the inventory implementation is less than idea because I wasn't able to figure out how to link the ammo field to the remaining inventory count.
    I haven't looked at it in a while, but I think that is my end goal.
    Last edited by bmos; February 14th, 2022 at 14:01.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  8. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Perhaps you don't have the arrows equipped?
    Right now the inventory implementation is less than idea because I wasn't able to figure out how to link the ammo field to the remaining inventory count.
    I haven't looked at it in a while, but I think that is my end goal.
    Have a look at the extension that does the scrolls/wands/potions etc. The part for scrolls and potions has code that updates the inventory item count from the actions tab. I'm sure something like that should be possible.
    As I recall the way I did that was that during the equip it sets the action item for the potion or scroll to a number of uses equal to the item count. On unequip it sets the item count = to the item count - number used or something like that. When the action item is created it put a link to the originating item entry so that it can access the item as needed. You could do something that when the drop down item is populated it records all the items and links them to the drop down item in some manner. Might require a template update to the drop down to accept 2 items per item list. There are so many different ways it could be done.

    The arrows are equipped as is the bow, but the drop down is empty. I'm wondering if maybe there is something in the item name, or in one of the fields within the item that isn't set in a manner the extension expects.
    Last edited by rmilmine; February 14th, 2022 at 16:52.

  9. #199
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Have a look at the extension that does the scrolls/wands/potions etc. The part for scrolls and potions has code that updates the inventory item count from the actions tab. I'm sure something like that should be possible.
    As I recall the way I did that was that during the equip it sets the action item for the potion or scroll to a number of uses equal to the item count. On unequip it sets the item count = to the item count - number used or something like that. When the action item is created it put a link to the originating item entry so that it can access the item as needed. You could do something that when the drop down item is populated it records all the items and links them to the drop down item in some manner. Might require a template update to the drop down to accept 2 items per item list. There are so many different ways it could be done.

    The arrows are equipped as is the bow, but the drop down is empty. I'm wondering if maybe there is something in the item name, or in one of the fields within the item that isn't set in a manner the extension expects.
    That part I do understand and it is implemented that way. When you click the reload button it refills the quiver from the inventory count.

    The issue I was having was displaying the right number on the combat tab to eliminate this step and have the shots/ammo recovery directly effect the overall ammo in the inventory. I didn't want to duplicate the data but wasn't able to figure out how to link the ammo field to the inventory count.
    It's been a while since I looked at this issue though.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  10. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That part I do understand and it is implemented that way. When you click the reload button it refills the quiver from the inventory count.

    The issue I was having was displaying the right number on the combat tab to eliminate this step and have the shots/ammo recovery directly effect the overall ammo in the inventory. I didn't want to duplicate the data but wasn't able to figure out how to link the ammo field to the inventory count.
    It's been a while since I looked at this issue though.
    Would it not be possible to do it in a similar fashion to potions and scrolls be possible? They use the inventory count and that count goes into the spell level and a link to the inventory item gets put in the spell that is added.
    In order to link the inventory item and the drop down though, you would need to create a new template for the drop down. Add a function that accepts the inventory items and puts the item's name in the display and a link to the item in a list. You just need to ensure that the two lists remain in the same order.
    Or instead of using a drop down, use a list with a check box. If one gets checked whatever one was checked gets unchecked. With the list you can easily link everything.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in