Fallout 1
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. #31
    I love the extension, but it doesn't interact well with the Mythic Adventures book because the Pathfinder ruleset treats a mythic tier as a level, and this extension appears to count the levels for calculating CON bonus, which you cannot edit. That's not really the fault of this extension; just the result of treating the mythic tier as a level.


    Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder


  2. #32
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    I love the extension, but it doesn't interact well with the Mythic Adventures book because the Pathfinder ruleset treats a mythic tier as a level, and this extension appears to count the levels for calculating CON bonus, which you cannot edit. That's not really the fault of this extension; just the result of treating the mythic tier as a level.
    Can you just go to the list of classes and set the mythic level to 0 and add the tier to the name?
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Can you just go to the list of classes and set the mythic level to 0 and add the tier to the name?
    If I set the name to "Champion 2" and the level value to 0, then Champion 2 does not appear at all on the main tab of the character sheet. Really, this is more of an issue with the LiveHP extension than this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder


  4. #34
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    If I set the name to "Champion 2" and the level value to 0, then Champion 2 does not appear at all on the main tab of the character sheet. Really, this is more of an issue with the LiveHP extension than this one.
    Darn, I don't see any easy workaround for that.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  5. #35
    I hacked 3.5E\scripts\manger_char.lua to fix that.

    function calcLevel(nodeChar)
    local nLevel = 0;

    for _,nodeChild in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeChar, "classes")) do
    local sClass = DB.getValue(nodeChild, "name", "");
    if (sClass ~= "Archmage" and sClass ~= "Champion" and sClass ~= "Guardian" and sClass ~= "Hierophant" and sClass ~= "Marshal" and sClass ~= "Trickster") then
    nLevel = nLevel + DB.getValue(nodeChild, "level", 0);
    end
    end

    DB.setValue(nodeChar, "level", "number", nLevel);
    end


    Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder


  6. #36
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    I hacked 3.5E\scripts\manger_char.lua to fix that.
    That's fair! Probably worth making an extension for it or suggesting that it be included in the ruleset (although for that you'd also want to check if the ruleset is running in PFRPG mode or not).
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  7. #37
    Because of what Mythic does, shouldn't it be a module and an extension on its own? That way, if you aren't playing with it, it shouldn't affect normal play.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    Because of what Mythic does, shouldn't it be a module and an extension on its own? That way, if you aren't playing with it, it shouldn't affect normal play.
    Well, it began with a couple of bmos' extensions getting broken by Mythic Adventures, which is why I raised the issue here originally. It's way beyond the scope of these extensions, which are not at fault.


    Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder


  9. #39
    So one of the workarounds in the official module bug thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post537124), is to make a copy of them in the class sidebar tab and then remove the extra material. This should workaround the levels, hit points, skills, BAB, etc. That may alleviate some of the breaking of extensions.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    So one of the workarounds in the official module bug thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post537124), is to make a copy of them in the class sidebar tab and then remove the extra material. This should workaround the levels, hit points, skills, BAB, etc. That may alleviate some of the breaking of extensions.
    Yeah, that's what I did. It's pretty disappointing to see this was from two years ago and it still isn't fixed. I actually just created my own module.


    Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in