STAR TREK 2d20

Class Features unavailable in Starfinder for CRB

I've been using Fantasy Grounds since 2009ish with the 4E_JPG. I've played or run 4E, 5E, PF1, PF2, and Savage Worlds games in Fantasy Grounds over the years with no problems.

Today I started messing around with Starfinder for the first time in Fantasy Grounds (both classic and unity). For Starfinder, I own the following modules:

• Core Rulebook
    • Armory
    • Character Operations Manual

I tried making some characters and ran into a problem where I can't see any "Features" or "Special Features" from the Core Rulebook inside Fantasy Grounds. I am able to see them from the Character Operations Manual. Do they exist in the CRB?

I disabled all extensions (I use the Better Menus CORE RPG extension).
    I tried in both FGC and FGU (I have ultimate license for both).
    I deleted the campaign and created a new one.
    I deleted all Paizo products from the vault and re-updated/downloaded them.
    I tried creating the characters as both the DM and via a second instance of FG connected to localhost.
    I confirmed that all data was being loaded in the module/library activation.

I don't know what's going on.

Blog Entries
    MOD: Welcome, moved to SFRPG forum so you can get the proper attention

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It looks like they are all in the class they are from. The reason that COM has them under Features/Special Features is they are alternates for the core classes. None of the ones in COM are for the new classes they are under the specific class there as well.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thank you!

That's really confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge2805 View Post
    I've been using Fantasy Grounds since 2009ish with the 4E_JPG. I've played or run 4E, 5E, PF1, PF2, and Savage Worlds games in Fantasy Grounds over the years with no problems.

Today I started messing around with Starfinder for the first time in Fantasy Grounds (both classic and unity). For Starfinder, I own the following modules:

• Core Rulebook
    • Armory
    • Character Operations Manual

I tried making some characters and ran into a problem where I can't see any "Features" or "Special Features" from the Core Rulebook inside Fantasy Grounds. I am able to see them from the Character Operations Manual. Do they exist in the CRB?

I disabled all extensions (I use the Better Menus CORE RPG extension).
    I tried in both FGC and FGU (I have ultimate license for both).
    I deleted the campaign and created a new one.
    I deleted all Paizo products from the vault and re-updated/downloaded them.
    I tried creating the characters as both the DM and via a second instance of FG connected to localhost.
    I confirmed that all data was being loaded in the module/library activation.

I don't know what's going on.
    No they don not have them in the Core Rule book, Those from the Core rule book are part of the Class, The ones you see in Character Operations Manual and new ones added to the Class that were released in that book.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Core Rulebook ones show up on the Character Sheet under "Abilities" tab, Class Abilities box. If it is an ability that you select, it shows the general category. Like the Mechanic has a "Mechanic Trick" line item. Click the Golem and then the Other tab, and then you can drag & drop that line item over to "Class Abilities."

Starfinder's subsystem design is a bit more diverse/experimental than Pathfinder 1e & 2e.

Addendum.

Ran a playtest of the beginner's box adventure in FGU (which I entered by hand) for a group of people a few weeks ago. Everyone was very impressed with the ruleset/automation as well as the line of sight features of FGU.

I went ahead today a bought a whole bunch of Starfinder material for FG and plan on running an entire campaign.

Keep up the good work!

Thread Information