STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Question about how you're handling Kaiju Scale and a battlemap:
    - If Kaiju Scale is 1" = 20 yards, how many "grid" squares on a battlemap are you making the Daikaiju?

I was thinking a Size 15/16 Daikaiju would take up a 3x3 battlemap grid.
    The Size 20 Daikaiju would take up a 6x6 battlemap grid. This seems close to the Saipan map in the Die, Daikaiju, Dia adventure.
    And the Size 5 tanks and Size 7 Crab Walkers would occupy a 1x1 grid.

However, if I use this scale, it seems like the provided maps would be too small.

Just wondering what you were planning on the scale side of things.
    Thanks.

Fair enough question. First all sizes 12 thru 20 are considered Gargantuan, have a +6 Scale Modifier, and can be anywhere from 100 to 600 feet tall. They will also interact with human sized objects. Tanks, probably planes, and whatever else a GM comes up with. I picked something that would let the comparative scale work out without making it too difficult to play.

I kept the maps as large as possible within FG module preferences, but was able to remove lines and labeling. The lined maps had grids 100x100 pixel sized grid spaces. I guessed from maps that each grid was meant to be 1" on Kaiju Scale.

I trimmed the images and setup the grids in FG as being 50x50 pixels and set all Kaiju sized NPCs with Space and Reach 2, also suggested that PC characters have the same done to them.

All non-kaiju sized vehicles were kept at 1" on KS (ranges adjusted for the map scale, correct stats in Bestiary), so Kaiju appear to loom over such; admittedly a 3:1 ratio might have been better visually but targeting, grid size, and such was a bit more difficult so I kept it at a 2:1.

This appeared to balance out fairly well. You of course will be able to adjust the Grid, Space, and Reach to your desires. Just remember that PCs will need the GM to fix Space and Reach, plus adjusting the NPCs.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by HouseDressing View Post
    Question about how you're handling Kaiju Scale and a battlemap:
    - If Kaiju Scale is 1" = 20 yards, how many "grid" squares on a battlemap are you making the Daikaiju?

I was thinking a Size 15/16 Daikaiju would take up a 3x3 battlemap grid.
    The Size 20 Daikaiju would take up a 6x6 battlemap grid. This seems close to the Saipan map in the Die, Daikaiju, Dia adventure.
    And the Size 5 tanks and Size 7 Crab Walkers would occupy a 1x1 grid.

However, if I use this scale, it seems like the provided maps would be too small.

Just wondering what you were planning on the scale side of things.
    Thanks.
    The rules state that 1 KS is 1" on a map to fit a 3.5" to 4" daikaiju figure, the provided maps are all in KS.

Remember to divide all human-sized weapon ranges by 10 to get the Kaijui Scale inches
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

If you measure the Figure Flats included in the Dawn of the Daikaiju Archetypes & Figure Flats the ones standing upright are 2 inches in width so a 2x2 square, while the ones on four legs are 3 inches wide, so 3x3 square. However the printed Figure Flats would probably use 2x2 and 3x2 respectively because of the way they are intended to be assembled.

Does anyone know how far the module is from release. I have an idea for a setting hack that would mesh the Pacific Rim movies with the Phantom Crash video game on the original Xbox console. Create a giant robot vehicle that can have an Artificial Intelligence installed to give a slight bonus towards the desired skill, action, whatever. So the player would have a hero who would pilot a giant robot vehicle that would be dispatched to fight Kaiju appearing from breaches or rifts opening wherever. The A.I. can be swapped out in between events and the giant robot vehicle could even have its armaments changed to suit the perceived mission.

Did you play on my game?

That was using the as yet un-released version, it was all there...

I suspect it will be already with QA or on it's way.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Correct, I submitted maybe 2 weeks ago. I have been playing around with some FG only extras but there is no solid ETA on when I will be done with those. Currently I have made a deck, several decals, and a Kaiju Benny.

Next item on list is building tokens and then ruins for them when destroyed.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Did you play on my game?

That was using the as yet un-released version, it was all there...

I suspect it will be already with QA or on it's way.
    I did play that game. It was great fun! I am still giggling about riding the mecha-pony around! It put the desire in me to watch the Pacific Rim movies again and after watching those I had the idea for the settings hack. Just curious about potential release date. I will start working on the hack once I've finished my current module conversion project.

Just throwing a pebble into the water with the hopes of raising Ryujin from his slumber...

Don't understand question?
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information