5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Call of Cthulhu Gaslight 1890s starting point game

FG License: Ultimate Classic, players will need only free
    Game System: Call of Cthulhu 6E (7E is not flexible enough)
    Time Zone: GMT(UK UTC +1)
    Day of week and time: Wednesdays 20:00 UK
    If new game, planned start date: Not yet set
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly sessions of around 2 hours a go.
    Term: This is a long term campaign with the intention of making characters that slide gradually into the insanity that comes with true knowledge of the precarious position of our world within a universe ruled by insane gods.
    Text or Voice: both
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 90/10
    Number of Players in game & needed: I think 5 would be max, can play with just 2
    Character starting level & equipment: 1890s All characters will automatically have such income and possessions that correlate to their social standing
    Character restrictions: 1890s,

Details of the scenario: Things will start in the 1890s but not necessarily stay there. In Victorian Britain there is a strict social order and there are secret occult societies, characters will be very complete to start with and as character creation is a very important part of CoC, each player will have a one on one session with me to build their character.

I am looking for investigators who are sturdy and who will be roleplayed with joy, there will be insanity, crises, horror and certainly deaths...

Complete flexibility regarding professions is maintained by using 6E so bring your ideas for suitable occupations.

Discord ruedas15 #0874

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=5401
    Last edited by ruedas; September 13th, 2020 at 15:37. Reason: Change of day/time = Weds 20:00 UK (UTC+1)

That sounds like a lot of fun, with the snag being I've never played 6E.. Never played CoC (just wanted to), and can't figure out what the time difference is between UK and CST... If none of those are deal breakers, madness and doom sound like a blast!

UK time is UTC +1 in summer and UTC in winter so for you the range of start times is between 3AM and 9 AM, sessions will not be long, 2-3 hours so if you are free Monday or Friday mornings we have a time match, as to the lack of experience, really doesn't matter Cthulhu is a learning type of game anyway. Disclaimer Cthulhu is not a game of combat, most combats result in fatalities, fighting Mythos creatures is rarely successful, as to the gods well looking at them can reduce your character to a gibbering wreck. If you like we can get together at some point and roll you a character so you get the feel of Cthulhu Gaslight.

I welcome new players. new to FG (i am new myself) new to Cthulhu (I have a copy of the 1st edition rulebook from when it was new) and also new to RPG in general. So let me know if we fit

Hey, I am interested in joining your game. I am sort of experienced in 7e (2 years) and have read that 6e has very little changed, since all 6e is compatible with 7e. I am interested in the RP aspect of it vs. the combat, because I feel that the downfall of many games is that they feel like a gladiatorial match with a bit of story squeezed in there. The one big thing that may be a problem is that I am 14 (almost 15) and that may be a problem with some players. But don't worry, you won't get any immaturity out of me (even when my investigator dies), especially since that breaks the everyone's immersion.

Thanks,
    Ethan Hofer

P.S.
    I am on the EST time zone. It would work, as I'm an early riser (5:00 AM is usual for me), but it would need to be earlier rather than later due to schoolwork. Also, I'm available pretty much whenever for character creation session.
    HOW TO RESPOND: Private message me through FG, or just reply to me on this thread. Alternatively, friend me on discord or invite me to a server and then message me through discord.
    DISCORD NAME: Ethanos#0773
    Last edited by Ethanos; August 31st, 2020 at 20:07. Reason: Added Discord Name

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanos View Post
    Hey, I am interested in joining your game. I am sort of experienced in 7e (2 years) and have read that 6e has very little changed, since all 6e is compatible with 7e. I am interested in the RP aspect of it vs. the combat, because I feel that the downfall of many games is that they feel like a gladiatorial match with a bit of story squeezed in there. The one big thing that may be a problem is that I am 14 (almost 15) and that may be a problem with some players. But don't worry, you won't get any immaturity out of me (even when my investigator dies), especially since that breaks the everyone's immersion.

Thanks,
    Ethan Hofer

P.S.
    I am on the EST time zone. It would work, as I'm an early riser (5:00 AM is usual for me), but it would need to be earlier rather than later due to schoolwork. Also, I'm available pretty much whenever for character creation session.
    HOW TO RESPOND: Private message me through FG, or just reply to me on this thread. Alternatively, friend me on discord or invite me to a server and then message me through discord.
    DISCORD NAME: Ethanos#0773
    Hi Ethan your age is not an issue, apart from it being encouraging to know youngsters are interested in this amazing hobby. my own daughter started playing AD&D when she was 9 and always gave a good account of her rather suicidal characters. I think your time zone is -5 of mine, we can get together this week to make a character, but it may be a few weeks before we have a group ready to play.

best wishes

Chris (ruedas)

Wow - Gaslight and 6th edition! My hat is off to you sir. If I didn't have to be at work those days I'd happily ask to join your game.

Quote Originally Posted by gilrain1.5 View Post
    Wow - Gaslight and 6th edition! My hat is off to you sir. If I didn't have to be at work those days I'd happily ask to join your game.
    you never know how things might change, especially when the outer gods are involved, out of interest when are your days/times for playing?

Evenings during the week and I'm open on the weekends. I too am on CST.

If I may I'd also like to welcome Ethan and all new players to CoC. Age is not an issue to this awesome game and yes I can speak from experience having started playing / GMing CoC in the early 80s.
    Last edited by gilrain1.5; September 6th, 2020 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by gilrain1.5 View Post
    Evenings during the week and I'm open on the weekends. I too am on CST.

If I may I'd also like to welcome Ethan and all new players to CoC. Age is not an issue to this awesome game and yes I can speak from experience having started playing / GMing CoC in the early 80s.
    Thanks gilrain, and yes welcome to anyone new. Not sure about alternative times that will fit though. still considering options

No problem Chris. I suspected distance would be an issue. If in the future you decide to run another 6th ed. CoC game in the evening or weekend shoot me a text as I'd love to join.

Thread Information