FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    That extension builds the Reference Manuals which do allow inline images, but character sheets/record sheets don't, otherwise I'd think DnD 5E modules would have the images in the NPC sheets rather than a link. However, I will ask and see.

Cheers,
    MBM
    To be honest, I find it less cumbersome to use the click links over having a picture embedded. If I'm looking at the same world over and over again for whatever reason the click links don't take up nearly as much screen space needing to be bypassed and if for some reason I want to look at the image I can click it and it will then open in a separate window which I can then leave up and off to the side. It makes it easier to not have to scroll up and down to get from picture to information to have the image in a separate window.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    To be honest, I find it less cumbersome to use the click links over having a picture embedded. If I'm looking at the same world over and over again for whatever reason the click links don't take up nearly as much screen space needing to be bypassed and if for some reason I want to look at the image I can click it and it will then open in a separate window which I can then leave up and off to the side. It makes it easier to not have to scroll up and down to get from picture to information to have the image in a separate window.
    Think its more of a personal choice.

Xargun

Hi Folks,

It is more of a personal choice, but I don't think Embedded Images is possible in Record Sheets.

Anyway, something I thought off whilst prepping my game last night. I need a Spaceport - High and a Downport. So I'm thinking of adding a new Tab called 'Spaceports' and have one fixed (the one moved from the front-page).

Then add a 'plus' button to add more with a new field showing 'Port Type:' in my case one 'Highport' one 'Downport', this would be quick to add. I welcome thoughts.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

i like that idea mbm!

Hi Folks,

It is more of a personal choice, but I don't think Embedded Images is possible in Record Sheets.

Anyway, something I thought off whilst prepping my game last night. I need a Spaceport - High and a Downport. So I'm thinking of adding a new Tab called 'Spaceports' and have one fixed (the one moved from the front-page).

Then add a 'plus' button to add more with a new field showing 'Port Type:' in my case one 'Highport' one 'Downport', this would be quick to add. I welcome thoughts.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Sounds good to me.

Hi Folks,

Cheers,
    MBM
    Sounds like a great idea. The plus button being especially useful for balkanised worlds.

R.

Hi Folks,

Cheers,
    MBM
    A starport, depending upon its population, importance, RU income etc could have both a high and low port. They may have limited docking berths as well as a maximum berth size. They may have a port authority that has a pilot come aboard to fly the ship in, or have a separate customs area, needing negotiations with both brokers and cargo handlers.
    Babylon 5 had whole plot points around this one aspect alone. One of the JTAS issues goes in depth about queing up for getting a berth.
    Overall, I don't think a series of fields is what is needed as everyone's campaign is slightly different but a Formated Text field that allows the Referee to put in the details they want for that world, even if it is autogenerated, would be good.

I believe the needed field would be one of either formattedtextcontrol or formattedtextfield depending upon how you are doing things.

But, overall, yes, a starport details field would be wonderful, as would a welcome to field, a history of field etc. I wish there was a way to have dynamic tabs that you could have or not have depending upon the information/needs.

FGU: I noticed that the Tons Available is still not displaying the T in the trade tab of system. (It is fine in FGC)

tons_available.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    FGU: I noticed that the Tons Available is still not displaying the T in the trade tab of system. (It is fine in FGC)

tons_available.jpg
    Ah so FGC aligns text to the left, where-as FGC aligns to the right. I'll check in FGU tonight to see if my fix has worked.

Then I'll start on the idea above at the weekend as I'm still working on other things.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Folks,

I've fixed up the Font issue with FGU.

Also regarding the conversation about ports. In my own games some systems (Wardn) for exmaple as a Downport, however Regina has a very active Highport and a couple of Downports, so now you can add all those extra details.

Also note that I've stopped the Systems/Worlds being exported as 'Reference' data, meaning you can edit the data. For example, in Behind the Claw you will be able to edit any of the Systems from that book. Be aware, that if you edit any of the details and then 'revert' you'll lose everything within that System. You have been warned.

I think this is it for v1.1.5 so nice features and some bug fixes. So going bug fix only for the next week and then sending it.

Then we'll be in limbo until High Guard is released. Thus I'll be 100% focused on the Spacecraft extension, first up fix the actions issue. Soon as I get a date for High Guard I'll post on the fourms and then focus on putting the extension into the v2.X.X release branch.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information