DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesr View Post
    MBM,
    Does this information as quoted above mean that we users need to uninstall the CRB and CSC and reinstall them to make the changes work? What other elements of the game do we need to do that to as well? If it was not the CRB and CSC you were referring to then I am rather lost as to your instructions.
    Thanks,
    Hi,

No is the answer.

The data updates are done when you update FG.

What you have to do is to replace a characters 'copy' with the updated data. The easiest way of doing this, delete from their equipment list, and then re-add them. Just like what was needed when CSC launched for the updated protection data.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; October 4th, 2020 at 22:55.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Basically when items are updated in modules (like CSC) the information on the character sheet will not change unless you manually change it (delete and re-add). This makes it so that if you specifically customize an item in inventory it doesn't get unintentionally overwritten.

Folks,

Also have done this for v1.1.5.

Actions. Have added 'Add' buttons to both Weapon Attacks and Misc Actions. Weapon Attacks shortcuts now link to the Weapon in the Inventory so that new weapons can be added and linked to skills etc.

Going to go quiet on v1.1.5 now for the week coming, as back on MoN (Call of Cthulhu) but I will be updating the Spacecraft CT whilst we await High Guard.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Folks,

Also have done this for v1.1.5.

Actions. Have added 'Add' buttons to both Weapon Attacks and Misc Actions. Weapon Attacks shortcuts now link to the Weapon in the Inventory so that new weapons can be added and linked to skills etc.

Going to go quiet on v1.1.5 now for the week coming, as back on MoN (Call of Cthulhu) but I will be updating the Spacecraft CT whilst we await High Guard.

Cheers,
    MBM
    You are a saint in action and title... Thank you for your continued hard work on this incredible game. ~Lee

Is it possible to expand the world details section?
    Multiple, specific to purpose notes sections ie Notes on the System with either an embedded system map and or a place to link to the system, J6 regional map etc, Notes on the Sophant breakdown ie Common Races, Common Languages etc. World description, A tab for NPC links etc.
    All of this information is available from multiple sources but mostly from the traveller map. I can provide all the J-6 maps if you want, I have the scripts that downloaded all the graphics for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    Multiple, specific to purpose notes sections ie Notes on the System with either an embedded system map and or a place to link to the system, J6 regional map etc, Notes on the Sophant breakdown ie Common Races, Common Languages etc. World description, A tab for NPC links etc.
    All of this information is available from multiple sources but mostly from the traveller map. I can provide all the J-6 maps if you want, I have the scripts that downloaded all the graphics for them.
    You can do all this already.

Create a system
    Take the maps you want an add them to your graphics library and share them.
    Drag the maps to the notes tab in your system.
    Add your information to the main notes section (FG not system) and set to public.
    Drag the notes into the notes tab for system.
    You can also add other random text into the notes for your system.
    When you are satisfied with the appearance share the system.
    Your players will now have access to your system in whatever format you choose to setup.

As the ruleset is licensed by Mongoose, MadBeardMan generally keeps the ruleset compliant to MGT2. Anything outside that can fall outside the license and into territory owned by other companies (like T5 system data is Far Future Enterprises and not Mongoose). So the way it is setup now we referees can build our worlds with MGT2 data, but can add whatever we like in whatever format we choose using the notes tab and FG's built in linking system. I've found that it works very well for me.

Hopefully this is useful.

Hi Dalton,

At this time I have no real plans to add any more specific items to Systems/Worlds, but I'll add this to the todo list, though the Notes section can contain all of this (maps as links).

I wouldn't be able to add any maps myself as these are official Mongoose products, though nothing stopping you adding them as a free module and putting the copyright info or permission in the README.md

I've also not found a way to embed an image, that would be great.

I'd also say at this point, that I've changed the way System data is shared in books, no longer are they reference only, you can now edit them, but be careful you can revert back to the book and lose your changes.

Cheers,
    MBM

Cheers,
    MBM

I was thinking, when you make a change, like armor layers, maybe you could create an option to toggle allow layers. That way you can keep both in the ruleset and referees can pick and choose. Just an idea for future revisions.

Hi MBM,

I am trying to get the Library Data module and starship deckplans all into the system for my upcoming games - How about moving the UPP stuff onto a second page and have the Sector/SubSector/Hex Location along with a Notes/Description text on the first tab, then have the UPP, moved to a second tab.
    In this way, the player is faced with something that looks like a wiki/library data entry.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I've also not found a way to embed an image, that would be great.
    I have been playing with an extension called "author.ext" which does allow inline images. I have been doing up my library data work with it. The code is not encrypted so you could possibly see what they are doing?

Hi MBM,

I am trying to get the Library Data module and starship deckplans all into the system for my upcoming games - How about moving the UPP stuff onto a second page and have the Sector/SubSector/Hex Location along with a Notes/Description text on the first tab, then have the UPP, moved to a second tab.
    In this way, the player is faced with something that looks like a wiki/library data entry.

I have been playing with an extension called "author.ext" which does allow inline images. I have been doing up my library data work with it. The code is not encrypted so you could possibly see what they are doing?
    That extension builds the Reference Manuals which do allow inline images, but character sheets/record sheets don't, otherwise I'd think DnD 5E modules would have the images in the NPC sheets rather than a link. However, I will ask and see.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information