FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.5

MGT2 v1.1.5

Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.1.4a has been sent to FG, it's time to start on what may be the final of the v1.1.X release cycle as full speed ahead is on the Spacecraft Combat Tracker as High Guard finishes testing.

However, there are still some things required for CSC so as I build the SCT (Spacecraft Combat Tracker) let's get another smaller update.

• Armour. That naughty code limiting armour remained in the CT Damage Check. It's been cleaned up, all worn armours are now cumulative
    • Equipment. Any piece (almost!) of equipment can have 'Characteristic Modifiers' attached to them, for example; DEX +2, STR -1. When these are equipped these are calculated and a Modifier is shown above the Characteristic in the Actions Tab (Character Status)
    • Action Modifiers. Both Weapon and Misc Actions now have a 'mod' field (before the total). This modifier is added/subtracted from the total.
    • Actions. Have added 'Add' buttons to both Weapon Attacks and Misc Actions. Weapon Attacks shortcuts now link to the Weapon in the Inventory so that new weapons can be added and linked to skills etc.
    • Systems. Moved Starport Facilities to its own tab. You can also add additional ports, for example, a downport, a seaport an airport, anything you like in fact.
    • Full Auto Ammo. When you attack using Full Auto the ammo will use '3' per attacks, if you only attack less than the auto you will need to change the ammo manually.
    • Ammo issue Fixed. Clicking the Attack showed an error, it's fixed now.
    • Dragging Ammo issue Fixed. When dragging some Ammo it told you that the weapon can use it, it's been fixed.

I want this to be a maximum of 4 weeks code window.

So let's get talking, what do people want to see now from the Core Rulebook/CSC book.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; October 22nd, 2020 at 21:53.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I was thinking the same thing on the characteristic modifiers. Maybe its green if its been adjusted up and red if adjust down? Just need something simple I would think to remind people their characteristic is modified. As for the weapon mods characters can just have two copies of the weapon pertaining to a diff set of modifiers -- ie one for Short range and one for longer. Not the best, but should be easy. Also, I am guessing 1.1.5 would include ammo modifiers for weapons?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I was thinking the same thing on the characteristic modifiers. Maybe its green if its been adjusted up and red if adjust down? Just need something simple I would think to remind people their characteristic is modified. As for the weapon mods characters can just have two copies of the weapon pertaining to a diff set of modifiers -- ie one for Short range and one for longer. Not the best, but should be easy. Also, I am guessing 1.1.5 would include ammo modifiers for weapons?

Xargun
    Hi,

You should have the Ammo Mods already, they were part of 1.1.3. I have made a few adjustments in 1.1.4 though they should still work. Drag an Ammo over an applicable weapon and it should add the 'action' for that ammo.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

You should have the Ammo Mods already, they were part of 1.1.3. I have made a few adjustments in 1.1.4 though they should still work. Drag an Ammo over an applicable weapon and it should add the 'action' for that ammo.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Oh ok.. I thought I remembered someone saying they didn't work but I could have been reading an old post. I will try it out later today.

Xargun

*Can't think at this moment of a 'nice' way to show that (for example) your STR is at +3, though you are at '0' STR (due to weapons damage etc) but your STR will still show as 3. I'm thinking of showing the value in Green or Red on the character sheet. Yea, tricky.
    Cheers,
    MBM
    One way I could imagine this to be displayed is, like in the DnD char sheet, having the Stats on the left and the modified stats on the right...
    Other than that, there would only be the way to display it as a small number in the lower right corner of the stat, like what you did with the "resetbutton" at the wounds counter in the action tab. Just instead of the circle, you would display the modifyer.

So far my ideas. I ofc have no idea how difficult this is to implement

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    One way I could imagine this to be displayed is, like in the DnD char sheet, having the Stats on the left and the modified stats on the right...
    Other than that, there would only be the way to display it as a small number in the lower right corner of the stat, like what you did with the "resetbutton" at the wounds counter in the action tab. Just instead of the circle, you would display the modifyer.

So far my ideas. I ofc have no idea how difficult this is to implement
    Morning Lord,

On DnD 5E I can't see the modified stats on the right, those are the Saving Throws.....

I had planned for the Traveller Companion a new Character Sheet, I might look at what I had planned, but of course, Traveller has base Stats, Modified Stats (due to equipment) and Current Stats (due to injuries). Quite a mix, but I do like the idea of a tiny +1, or -3 etc on things. I'll investigate that.

Cheers,
    MBM

Morning Lord,

On DnD 5E I can't see the modified stats on the right, those are the Saving Throws.....

I had planned for the Traveller Companion a new Character Sheet, I might look at what I had planned, but of course, Traveller has base Stats, Modified Stats (due to equipment) and Current Stats (due to injuries). Quite a mix, but I do like the idea of a tiny +1, or -3 etc on things. I'll investigate that.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Maybe something like the CoC7 character sheet skills with the little boxes. Instead of 1/2 and 1/5 you could have base characteristic and gear/psionic/drug/whatever modified characteristic and then the main box could be current value based on combat etc. Would give all three scores in a tight area. It would also be nice if gear/psionics/etc could be implemented as effects so that they could expire based on duration, battery life, etc.

Probably a lot of work, but might think on it for the character sheet changes for the companion.

Gear as effects would only work if you use the CT to track rounds, which I don't outside of combat.

Dom was talking about there being a new effects system coming to CoreRPG, I hope that allow effects to use used outside of the CT.

Cheers,
    MBM

I agree with Xargun. Red, green for the changes but would have the baseline stat (before any mods were added or subtracted) set as black.

Sylvesr

I've been using 1.1.3 in Unity for a while and usually my players use either energy weapons or plain slugthrower ammo. The past week someone bought some incendiary ammo (arsonist tendencies) and while in the CSC it's listed as being ok for Rifle - and works for a Rifle in the game - it can't be added to Advanced Combat Rifle, Heavy Advanced Combat Rifle or Combat Rifle. Seems that the code just looks literally for Rifle and not the better / military versions of the Rifle.

Thread Information