DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Loading Screen Tutorial Messages

Are there plans to re-implement the single-line tutorial messages that are shown while the game is loading in FGC into FGU?
    These messages have taught me a lot since I started using FGC and I think that a lot of the new-user complaints (about the UI not working as they assume it does) would be helped by re-implementing this.
    Indeed, many of the messages that it displays relate to some of these frequent questions (and often complaints) which seems to indicate that the questions have been around for some time (I think this is often the case for UI).

Obviously this is a small thing, so I'm not surprised that it isn't there (yet). I just want to know if I should add it to the wishlist or not.

Thanks SmiteWorks for adding this simple but incredibly useful feature back into FG Unity's latest update!
    You all are great <3
    Last edited by bmos; December 4th, 2020 at 13:52.

NP, you were nice enough to ask
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Nice one Smiteworks.

I love those. I recommend to incorporate all those tips you share on the Facebook page too, it will be or tremendous help
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Yeah, I like it, too, also the spinning die

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, I like it, too, also the spinning die
    I didn't even notice that!
    That will help so much with people thinking it has frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    NP, you were nice enough to ask
    It would be brilliant if it could do ruleset specific items but I'm told (JPG) that it is pre-ruleset loading... very unfortunate. I'd love to add some.

How about similar screen for player connecting? Surely for a player connecting the ruleset type is known?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    It would be brilliant if it could do ruleset specific items but I'm told (JPG) that it is pre-ruleset loading... very unfortunate. I'd love to add some.

How about similar screen for player connecting? Surely for a player connecting the ruleset type is known?
    The players get also that screen

Hm, could the tooltips not be in a separate source (the FG client probably in that case) which loads different type of tooltips depending on the ruleset started? Because when I start a campaign, I also select the ruleset, by that information it may be possible to differ the tooltips without the need to load the ruleset first?

The disadvantage would be that SmiteWorks themselves need to add ruleset-specific tooltips because it is stored in the FG client; thence, community developers could not add that manually

Nope, the player screen performs exactly the same loading. The only thing in place before the loading screen comes up is that the files are cached.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information