DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tentimes View Post
    Mouse scroll wheel does nothing at all for any part of fantasy grounds for me. (EDIT: Pressing it I mean, scrollung does scroll out of a map etc)
    Just to confirm, you press the mouse wheel and then you drag it while still pressing it? That I use all the time One also gets quickly adjusted to it (and is also indeed used in other programs like CC3+, left and right-click are already sadly very busy in FG, but I understand why the right-click is more natural for you because that is indeed also another common standard in other programmes)

EDIT: Woops, I did not see all the other answers, sorry, when I repeated some things

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As has been mentioned, there is *not* a standard for this in applications or games. What one person thinks is common/should be a standard others might not. Right-click to scroll is most definitely not common in the games I play, and not at all in the applications I use.

Plus, changing how FG performs now would go against the "FG Standard" than tens of thousands of FG users have gotten used to over the last 15+ years, and the right mouse button has some very specific functionality within FG.

I get it, you're used to something. But please don't insist on changing it to what you're used to from what the majority of FG users have become used to.

Your main issues appears to be that your middle-mouse button doesn't work in FG. I'd look into that to enable you to scroll your images within FG.
    But can I not scroll then? I am raising the issue that I CANNOT SCROLL, using holding down mousewheel or anything else. You think that is just acceptable? I can't scroll. I can't scroll should have been the title of this actually as it is getting a bit missunderstood. I would settle for pressing the mousewheel to scroll, but it won't work. I CAN'T SCROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Just to confirm, you press the mouse wheel and then you drag it while still pressing it? That I use all the time One also gets quickly adjusted to it (and is also indeed used in other programs like CC3+, left and right-click are already sadly very busy in FG, but I understand why the right-click is more natural for you because that is indeed also another common standard in other programmes)

EDIT: Woops, I did not see all the other answers, sorry, when I repeated some things
    Yes I do this and nothing happens. PRESS mousewheel and drag. It worked in FG non-unity but in unity I simply cannot scroll, nothing will work.

Blog Entries
    Mouse scroll wheel to pan does nothing for me. I have tried adjusting settings but can find nothing for it. So I can't scroll maps. That is not acceptable. If I was to produce a program where large parts of my userbase could not scroll the map I would get a kick in the *** from my senior to sort it out.
    Middle-button click plus drag pans the image. If you are unable to pan the image using the mouse-wheel, this suggests that your mouse wheel is not set to be the middle mouse button.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Middle-button click plus drag pans the image. If you are unable to pan the image using the mouse-wheel, this suggests that your mouse wheel is not set to be the middle mouse button.
    No, it works perfectly well in that respect with lots of other games.

Blog Entries
    You don't say, but I'm assuming you are using Windows? If so, Go into Control Panels > Mouse.
    In there will be settings for your mouse buttons. If the mouse looks like a generic mouse and does not look like your actual mouse (again, you don't say), then you might need to install the mouse driver from your mouse manufacturer. Then in the buttons settings you should have the ability to set the actions for your various mouse buttons, make sure depressing your scroll wheel is set to Middle Mouse button.

Mine looks like this;
    Screen Shot 08-28-20 at 11.07 AM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It worked in FG non-unity but in unity I simply cannot scroll, nothing will work.
    I don't think anyone should bother telling tentimes to check if middle clicking is turned on and such if it works on Fantasy Grounds Classic...

Just in case you missed it the first time (I know it's just a workaround and I hope you figure out the mouse issue since FGU definitely supports it usually):
    Ctrl + drag also works
    Last edited by bmos; August 28th, 2020 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You don't say, but I'm assuming you are using Windows? If so, Go into Control Panels > Mouse.
    In there will be settings for your mouse buttons. If the mouse looks like a generic mouse and does not look like your actual mouse (again, you don't say), then you might need to install the mouse driver from your mouse manufacturer. Then in the buttons settings you should have the ability to set the actions for your various mouse buttons, make sure depressing your scroll wheel is set to Middle Mouse button.

Mine looks like this;
    Screen Shot 08-28-20 at 11.07 AM.PNG
    It's a very famous Naga mouse that updates it's own firmware on a fairly regular basis and windows (just checked) can see every bit of it except the left panel keys (which are all 0-9 and -= for Mmorpgs which is what I got it for). [EDIT] I just tried a plug and play mouse and I have the same issue.

Blog Entries
    And is the button setting for middle mouse actually set to "middle mouse" and not something like "auto"?

Does ctrl-left drag work for you?

If still having issues, please provide screen shots of the image in FGU and your mouse settings.

Thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hello tentimes,

If middle-mouse click and drag is not panning the map for you, then there must be something not working on your system that is working for other people. Do you have any custom extensions loaded that might change our map or image functionality? If so, can you try disabling those and then re-test?

Another way to pan the map by one grid square (or hex/iso) at a time is to use the arrow keys.

Thread Information