STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Some people play via laptop trackpad, some scroll-wheel buttons switch between scroll modes (Logitech). Some people just prefer right-click dragging. For those I created the AHK script.

There is a bug in there when Arrows are drawn via right-click hold. I will post when I fixed it.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 9th, 2020 at 17:48.

Ok, I think I fixed it. New version can be downloaded under old link:

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Here is an AutoHotKey script that enabled right-click scrolling among other things:

https://pastebin.com/6WWQ8G8e

Right-click + drag = scroll image

This is the original feature request of this thread. The script allows to set a "sensitivity" value in pixels for when dragging is recognized as such. This is for sensitive trackpads that tends to move the mouse slightly even when you just click on them.

Right-click without drag = open original right-click menu

This works like before, but you cannot use right-click + drag anymore to quickly access the sub-menus. Instead use left-click to navigate the menu.

Long right-click + drag = quick arrow pointer

Keep right-click pressed for some time to see a "Arrow" tooltip popup. Then drag the mouse while holding right-click to draw the quick arrow pointer. If you just release right-click without dragging the normal right-click menu opens. You can set a "timeout" value to set how long you need to hold right-click before the Arrow pointer is drawn.

Right-click-hold + modifier key = draw quick pointers other than Arrow (Alt = Cone, Ctrl = Circle, Shift = Square)

If you press one of the modifier keys at any point a tooltip will popup telling you which quick pointer you are about to draw. This work with both short and long right-click holds (will overwrite Arrow). You need to drag the mouse to start drawing before you release the modifier, else the normal right-click action takes over (drag scroll or menu).

Known limitations:

- When you want to use both mouse-buttons for drawing/deleting quick pointers you need to make sure that you click the left button before the right one.
    - When you overwrite the long hold Arrow with a modifier you can only get back to Arrow by releasing the button and long-holding again.
    - The higher the sensitivity value and the faster the mouse movement the higher the chance that a pointer starts a bit off from where you originally clicked.

PS: Unfortunately I cannot remove the stupid left-click window movement that keeps messing with everyone's window positions. That is because all of FGU is one big window with no way to tell which is which inside of it. Wish this could at least optionally be disabled for Image windows.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 9th, 2020 at 17:50.

Sorry, seems like I broke it again for Arrows and now modifiers after Arrows. Time for another fix.

Edit: Fixed again. Should be more reliable with initial placement of pointers. We might have to fix some timeouts to make Arrow more reliable. Feedback welcome!
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 9th, 2020 at 18:36.

Since someone mentioned Photoshop: I am using a script that gives me middle-button scrolling and CTRL-wheel zooming in Photoshop. If anyone needs this, just let me know.

Tooltip on long right-button press looks like this:

At this moment when you hold the button down and drag it will create an arrow, if you release the button it will show the right-click menu, if you press a modifier key the tooltip will change to Cone/Circle/Square accordingly.

Animated GIF, all actions done via right-click only (except for pointer removal):

Quote Originally Posted by feelej25 View Post
    holding down the middle mouse button (often scroll wheel) and moving the mouse moves around maps easily for me and this is also a very common way in lots of maps on computer games

if your mouse is able (more than standard 2 buttons and scroll 3rd button) then i recommend mapping a 4th to be act as CTRL it makes targetting so much easier
    The problem is when there is no mouse!
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

This script looks awesome! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I use what you've posted in my game?

You need to download AutoHotkey (Windows) and then open my script with it. I could offer an executable file, but don't know if SW likes such insecure offers on their forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Panning is accomplished using either a middle mouse button click and drag action;
    OR by clicking and dragging on the navigation scroller icon in the lower right of the image window;
    OR by using the arrow keys after left clicking in the image window view.

Regards,
    JPG
    Neither the first nor the third options work for me.
    Thankfully, the second does, but stilll

Thread Information