FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 67 of 71 First ... 17576566676869 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Unfortunately, only Ubuntu 18.04+ is supported for FG, so we can only give suggestions.

It looks like the authorization interaction with our servers for ultimate license verification is being blocked by your operating system or router.

You will probably have to look at reducing the security applied to the application/machine/router settings to allow access for those requests. (https://*.fantasygrounds.com)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LaBruceBruce View Post
    I'm trying to join a campaign using the FGUWebInstall.bin and I get an authorization issue. There shouldn't be any issue with that since it used to work fine before i switched to Pop!_OS.

Also I installed using chmod a+x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin

I'm running Pop!_OS 21.10

This is the screen i get. The rest of the party could join normally, and it's the first time I got it too. I'm certain the password was correct.
    Attachment 52387
    I'm using it on Pop!_OS 21.10 without issues, but I have an Ultimate license.
    Last edited by bmos; April 15th, 2022 at 00:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Unfortunately, only Ubuntu 18.04+ is supported for FG, so we can only give suggestions.

It looks like the authorization interaction with our servers for ultimate license verification is being blocked by your operating system or router.

You will probably have to look at reducing the security applied to the application/machine/router settings to allow access for those requests. (https://*.fantasygrounds.com)

Regards,
    JPG
    Oh, I see. And could you give me any pointers on how to do so? Or where to look?
    I'm quite new to the whole Linux thing.

Thank you so much for the rapid response!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBruceBruce View Post
    Oh, I see. And could you give me any pointers on how to do so? Or where to look?
    I'm quite new to the whole Linux thing.

Thank you so much for the rapid response!
    If it's a laptop, try it on another wifi network. If it's a desktop, hopefully there's a windows computer you can test with.
    Basically you want to determine whether it's your network blocking you or something about your computer. If it was working on Windows before switching to Pop!_OS, then it's probably the config of your OS.

@nephranka,
    I guess I don't understand the purpose of XWayland, if having it installed doesn't just allow applications using X11 to just run without any extra setup.

@Lo Zeno,
    The challenge with adding new/unknown libraries to the mix that are not Unity assets already is that they do not include binaries that are known to work with Unity, as well as introducing a new component into the mix for validation and testing that has not been tested with Unity. Since I'm neither a native Mac nor Linux developer and use Unity for that purpose, I find having to build and maintain binaries for all the various architectures to be a potential large time synch and distraction from working on core features. I definitely do appreciate the pointer to the project, and will look at it more in the future.

Regards,
    JPG
    I was testing Fedora 36 to see if this issue was resolved and noticed the issue seems to be localized to the "import files" button (for example on the images window). When I tested the "folder" button on the assets window it worked without the X11 backend. When I tried the "import files" on the images window it crashed FGU.

So, file dialogues can work in FGU but the "import files" button fails? I have one ext that also uses an "import" button and it too fails. I assume it is using the same code as FGU.

Again, the "import" buttons work with the X11 backend in place.

Just passing on my observations.

Unfortunately, those are two different kinds of actions.

For the Folder button, the application is making a call to the OS to open a specific folder in the native file explorer, which is just a simple command line spawn. (for linux (ubuntu), we call xdg-open)

For the Import Files button, the application needs to display a file dialog to the user and get a resulting file path back from the dialog. This is why we have been using a Unity asset for this behavior, since it involves user interface elements and user mouse/keyboard interactions.

Regards,
    JPG

Unfortunately, those are two different kinds of actions.

For the Folder button, the application is making a call to the OS to open a specific folder in the native file explorer, which is just a simple command line spawn. (for linux (ubuntu), we call xdg-open)

For the Import Files button, the application needs to display a file dialog to the user and get a resulting file path back from the dialog. This is why we have been using a Unity asset for this behavior, since it involves user interface elements and user mouse/keyboard interactions.

Regards,
    JPG
    That makes sense. I was hoping it was more on the Fedora side and 36 might have fixed it now that xWayland is fully integrated. Thanks!

Hi there just started to get this error today on linux.... updated yesterday no issues... today black screen on load.... look in terminal and get this: Job 1, './FantasyGrounds.x86_64' terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)
    [or if i run the updater: Job 1, './FantasyGroundsUpdater' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)
    anyone know how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    That makes sense. I was hoping it was more on the Fedora side and 36 might have fixed it now that xWayland is fully integrated. Thanks!
    I have the same issue using Fedora 36. I created a start program to "fix" the crash to desktop.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash 

export GDK_BACKEND=x11
    /home/jbergmann/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64

@pord,

We have not updated the actual client since June 2022; so if you've been running fine up until yesterday, then I would assume that something changed on your machine to change that behavior. (i.e. some sort of system update) All the updates since June have just been ruleset coding updates. Also, we only officially support Ubuntu 18.04+

You can try @jbergmann's solution to see if that helps.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information