FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 60 of 71 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

I'm trying to install it on bare metal, I've downloaded it from the page you listed and follow the procedure on the post from Derek. There seems to be nothing wrong with the .bin file, but as soon as the updater opens, it's just a black window and it closes.
    I don't want to use a VM, since I'm using an older laptop with only an i3 CPU.

If it only opens a black window, then it's most likely that the Unity game engine is not finding a supported graphics card. It might be that the older laptop does not have the capability to run the application.

See the Linux system requirements here:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...m+Requirements

NOTE: The Unity game engine logs are usually located at "~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/Player.log". I assume that the updater logs may be under the same unity3d subfolder, but named slightly differently.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; October 8th, 2021 at 02:58.

Not sure if this has been reported yet ...

Linux FGU
    Ubuntu 21.04
    All Updates Applied
    Verified in Campaigns 2E, 5E, PF2E

Once the campaign is open click IMAGES --> IMPORT FILES --> Fantasy Grounds completely crashes every time.

Cheers,
    WR

I just tried this and it worked for me (5E). I am on Ubuntu 20.10 though.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported yet ...

Linux FGU
    Ubuntu 21.04
    All Updates Applied
    Verified in Campaigns 2E, 5E, PF2E

Once the campaign is open click IMAGES --> IMPORT FILES --> Fantasy Grounds completely crashes every time.

Cheers,
    WR
    This has been an issue for Fedora 34 for sometime. Any import button causes the crash for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    This has been an issue for Fedora 34 for sometime. Any import button causes the crash for me.
    Thanks for the confirm nep.

And .. that's stinky! I wanted to be on the latest version of Ubuntu for some of the features, and because it runs smoother on my laptop.

Any word on if this is being looked at?

Thanks!
    WR

Thanks for the confirm nep.

And .. that's stinky! I wanted to be on the latest version of Ubuntu for some of the features, and because it runs smoother on my laptop.

Any word on if this is being looked at?

Thanks!
    WR
    The last post from Moon was it would be given over to the developers to look at but due to not being a supported distro it may not be something they will fix. So I type in paths when I can or switch to windows to use the import.

The last post from Moon was it would be given over to the developers to look at but due to not being a supported distro it may not be something they will fix. So I type in paths when I can or switch to windows to use the import.
    Probably a good thing I didn't upgrade my workstation then. I'm hoping Ubuntu is a "supported distro", but I also understand the version is brand new and there are challenges with this. Right now the only laptop I have is Linux, so this does hamper my ability to work on FG projects "on the move". Hopefully someone can look at it in the near future.

Thanks,
    WR

Probably a good thing I didn't upgrade my workstation then. I'm hoping Ubuntu is a "supported distro", but I also understand the version is brand new and there are challenges with this. Right now the only laptop I have is Linux, so this does hamper my ability to work on FG projects "on the move". Hopefully someone can look at it in the near future.

Thanks,
    WR
    I think is a good think (at least for me) since Ubuntu is the supported distro and now has this error they may fix it so even Fedora will work. I am being very optimistic.

I'm guessing you're running on the stock Gnome desktop? Since they've moved to Wayland you may need to apply the workaround in my last post.
    Workaround is to run FGU using "GDK_BACKEND=x11 ./FantasyGrounds.x86_64" and see if the crash no longer happens (as long as you have XWayland, which you should by default).

@WilliamRiddle - see if this works for you too.

Thread Information