5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 59 of 71 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Blog Entries
    Great news! v4.1.5 will have the new Unity release. Happy days!

Blog Entries
    FGU v4.1.5 left running with image open with LOS and LIGHTing .. for days and no crash! Glory be and well done FGU support! I will keep watch and let you know if i pick up anything else, but so far this is looking like you've done it!

Yes, v4.1.5 was a move to the Unity 2020 toolchain which we found to better handle Linux support (vs. Unity 2019). It was one of our impetuses for moving over.

Regards,
    JPG

Similar to jbergmann I receive a CTD when trying to export or import a character.
    In my case it looks like an issue with Wayland. FGU segfaults and coredumps as soon as I trigger it, and nothing is written to the logs. Backtrace is on Pastebin, but essentially crashes when trying to open a dialog - interesting that this doesn't crash and opens up the file browser just fine if I press 'folder' in the Assets browser.

Workaround is to run FGU using "GDK_BACKEND=x11 ./FantasyGrounds.x86_64" and the crash no longer happens.
    Hope this helps!

Linux users - I have run into an issue when using SWEL (Savage Worlds Enhanced Library) - it seems there is a limit on the size of text you can paste into the Importer.

https://discord.com/channels/2745828...15247223062578 Here is the Discord thread.

The limit I have found is if I paste in more than 5395 lines (or 261991 characters) it doesn't work - copies nothing. So I was wondering if any fellow Linux user could see if it happens on their end.

Enhanced Library extension is here (and on the Forge) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post152731 and obviously requires Savage Worlds (Deluxe or SWADE) to work.

I need some help installing FGU on linux.
    As soon as the updater starts, it closes without doing anything. Is there any solution?

What Linux version are you trying to install on?
    (Fantasy Grounds is only supported on Ubuntu 18.04+.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What Linux version are you trying to install on?
    (Fantasy Grounds is only supported on Ubuntu 18.04+.)

Regards,
    JPG
    I've tried with both Ubuntu 20.04 and Pop OS 21.04 (which is Ubuntu-based), both distros had the same problem. Using either FGUWebInstaller.bin or the Steam installation, it pops up the FGU Updater and it closes without any progress.

Since I assume that you are the same person posting on Discord, I will post here. I usually prefer using the forums for support since the messages don't scroll away.

Here are some posts from Derek:
    In a VM or OS on bare metal?

Does any of this help at all?
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...lling+on+Linux

Also, make sure you have the MS Core Fonts loaded.
    sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
    sudo fc-cache

Regards,
    JPG

Also, I just spun up a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu 18.04; and was able to install without issues.

* Where are you getting the installer from?
    (Should be here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php)

* Are you setting the executable flag on the file to ensure it can run?

* Do you have any security software that might block execution of files downloaded from Internet?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information