5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 56 of 71 First ... 646545556575866 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The Unity engine we use to provide cross-platform support states that it supports Ubuntu 16.04+ (64-bit only), as outlined in the this system requirements post.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...w-and-Download

So, technically, Centos is not a supported platform.
    JPG
    Sorry I was never aware of that post, just the front page that said "Linux". And the hardware requirements on that link are a bit asinine. Higher than almost all games.

But thanks, I look forward to seeing if I can get this working, but I don't think I own hardware the fits the hardware requirement.(and none of my friends have video cards with 2+ gig of video card ram)

If your machine does not have the hardware to meet the minimum specifications, it is unlikely that you would have a good experience running a full-fledged campaign even if you can get it running. Most computers sold in the last several years should be able to meet those specifications. What kind of machine are you trying to install it on?

Regards,
    JPG

Hello all.

I recently went to Ubuntu 20.04 and tried to install FGU by using the instructions here and tried Steam and they both did not work. I start the installer engine and nothing happens. even tried to run under root and nothing. Help

Can you try installing from the installer on the web site?

Regards,
    JPG

Hello! I'm on openSUSE Leap 15.0 and trying to get this to work. The very first steps seems to work fine and the data directory is created where it should be, but when I'm asked to enter username and password and click 'Log In' it says "Logging in" and nothing more happens. The FGUpdaterEngine.log says:

Error: Unable to complete SSL connection
    Retrying in 10 seconds

It keeps retrying every 10 seconds and keeps giving me the same error message every time. Any advice on how I can continue, things I should try or check to find the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mordrene View Post
    Hello all.
    I recently went to Ubuntu 20.04 and tried to install FGU by using the instructions here and tried Steam and they both did not work. I start the installer engine and nothing happens. even tried to run under root and nothing. Help
    With the command
    Code:
    chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin
    , you may need to use
    Code:
    sudo chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin
    to have elevated permissions to change the file to executable.

I tried both and no install

Quote Originally Posted by mordrene View Post
    I tried both and no install
    When you download the .bin file and navigate to where the file is, open a Terminal window in that directory (or navigate there from within Terminal) and run the command. If your distro doesn't support using the && command, simply split the command into two.
    chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin (then press Enter)
    ./FGUWebInstall.bin (then press Enter)

What is output in the Terminal window for each command?

Quote Originally Posted by WishX View Post
    When you download the .bin file and navigate to where the file is, open a Terminal window in that directory (or navigate there from within Terminal) and run the command. If your distro doesn't support using the && command, simply split the command into two.
    chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin (then press Enter)
    ./FGUWebInstall.bin (then press Enter)

What is output in the Terminal window for each command?
    I get the user agreement and the updater never launches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hello guys, i need some help here! one of my players now is using linux, but he had some problem, and stuck on the "EULA" screem. He can scroll all the text, but can't accept or cancel, any one get this problem? And get solved?

he using the Deepin Linux 20.1.

Tks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information