FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 55 of 71 First ... 545535455565765 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If the issue was image performance related, then v4.1 is probably going to help.
    If the issue was memory related, then we're still looking at Unity 2020 LTS migration after v4.1 initial release settles.

Regards,
    JPG
    Another 3 hour session, no FGU lockup - think its sorted now.

Blog Entries
    @jiminimonka I had thought similar but i've had crashes still ... next one i have i'll grab the logs again and post. Didn't think to check and see if the crash was different, just assumed it was same. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    Summary: Server Crash
    Ruleset(s): 5e
    New Campaign: IWD-RotF
    Extensions/Themes: Official Language Extension (FR)
    Modules Loaded: The core 5e modules, PHB, MM, DMG, as well IWD-RotF
    Operating System / Language Setting: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa) / Win10
    Steps to Reproduce: None that I know of. Seems to occur mostly in 3rd hour.

Lesson Learned:
    Save logs before restarting server. Maybe next time.

Background:
    I have about 1 server crash during 3 hour game sessions. First happened under Linux. Switched to Windows 10 for next game session. Not only server crash but Windows BSOD. Back to Linux. Two more game sessions, two more CTD.
    Last weeks and this weeks 3 hour session ended with no crash. Before update, it was rare to reach the 3 hour mark without crash.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    Last weeks and this weeks 3 hour session ended with no crash. Before update, it was rare to reach the 3 hour mark without crash.
    I don't think it's OS related anymore.

From our testing, there is something Unity engine related with respect to Linux that affects this crash issue. We have plans to move to the newer Unity 2020 LTS, which we believe helps with that issue based on our ad hoc testing. Unfortunately, this particular issue has no trigger that we can point to and recreate on demand; and migration to a major Unity version bump is something we're holding on a bit to make sure lighting is stable.

That said, @cpinder has made a lot of improvements on performance and memory leaks in the last couple months; so I'm assuming that is helping quite a bit as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    From our testing, there is something Unity engine related with respect to Linux that affects this crash issue. We have plans to move to the newer Unity 2020 LTS, which we believe helps with that issue based on our ad hoc testing. Unfortunately, this particular issue has no trigger that we can point to and recreate on demand; and migration to a major Unity version bump is something we're holding on a bit to make sure lighting is stable.

That said, @cpinder has made a lot of improvements on performance and memory leaks in the last couple months; so I'm assuming that is helping quite a bit as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for that update. I've noticed the improvements!

Blog Entries
    Ok from tonight's game it crashed at 3hrs in. Much better than before. Still looks like UnityPlayer.so from player-prev.log ... so far as my limited knowledge can tell. So methinks same issue as before?
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's hard to tell; since textual crash outputs are not really that useful for application debugging. However, it is the same SIGSENV exception; and similar output as before. My guess is that it's the same issue.

Regards,
    JPG

So after updating (took many tries) the app no longer runs, no errors popup or anything, but when going into the hidden directory and running via cli I get errors like "/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found "

So, I'm using a mainstream Linux that's fully supported and you're using libs not available to it? Also the app still wont launch under the other two laptops running *ubuntu LTS stuff as mentioned earlier (and even if it did would now run into the new error)

Laptop #1 Centos 7.x with 8G ram
    Laptop #2 ubuntu mate 18.04.5 LTS 8G ram
    Laptop #3 ubuntu mate 18.04.5 LTS 6G ram
    Last edited by Guph; June 3rd, 2021 at 00:44.

The Unity engine we use to provide cross-platform support states that it supports Ubuntu 16.04+ (64-bit only), as outlined in the this system requirements post.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...w-and-Download

So, technically, Centos is not a supported platform.

I've forwarded on your post to our developer that has more Linux experience to see if he has some ideas about the error on Ubuntu.

Also, if the updater ran at least once, then stopped working; can you check to see if any security software is blocking the program from running?

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information