DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 71 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Please use the Compile Logs button to create a bundle of all of the necessary logs (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...o+Compile+Logs). When you say crash, do you mean crash to the Desktop or to the main FGU launch screen?
    I assume this is a reply to my post. "CTD" in Background means the server crashes completely. I attached the logs from Updater/Troubleshoot/Gather Logs. The Hamburger/Compile Logs doesn't do anything when I restart.

Edit: I take that back. Just found that zip file of logs created on Desktop when hamburger/Compile was used.
    Last edited by cas206; February 26th, 2021 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    I assume this is a reply to my post. "CTD" in Background means the server crashes completely. I attached the logs from Updater/Troubleshoot/Gather Logs. The Hamburger/Compile Logs doesn't do anything when I restart.

Edit: I take that back. Just found that zip file of logs created on Desktop when hamburger/Compile was used.
    ? you have hamburgers in FGU?!?

The logs you attached were from the Updater/Settings application.

After any crash, please immediately launch FG main client again, click on the log button in upper left (3 lines icon), then click the Compile Logs button, and post here.

Thanks,
    JPG

FGU Frozen - Was AFK/doing stuff on second monitor so I don't know how long before I noticed.

fgu_logs_20210303.zip

2 more freezes today - playing SW Phandelver (yeah not 5e)

fgu_logs_20210303.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    2 more freezes today - playing SW Phandelver (yeah not 5e)

fgu_logs_20210303.zip
    It has to do with leaving FGU running with images open for an extended period of time .. I have a bug report open with Unity for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    Summary: Server Crash
    Ruleset(s): 5e
    New Campaign: IWD-RotF
    Extensions/Themes: Official Language Extension (FR)
    Modules Loaded: The core 5e modules, PHB, MM, DMG, as well IWD-RotF
    Operating System / Language Setting: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa) / Win10
    Steps to Reproduce: None that I know of. Seems to occur mostly in 3rd hour.

Lesson Learned:
    Save logs before restarting server. Maybe next time.

Background:
    I have about 1 server crash during 3 hour game sessions. First happened under Linux. Switched to Windows 10 for next game session. Not only server crash but Windows BSOD. Back to Linux. Two more game sessions, two more CTD.

This weeks game session:
    Players were on Gem Mine level 2. I started dragging icons from combat tracker to Gem Mine level 3. Some players started to comment that they could only see black. Could see icons but nothing else. I turned off LOS which fixed that issue. They could see whole map. 30 seconds to 1 minute later server crashed. When server restarted, game state was prior to when I turned off LOS. Will try to remember to get logs next time.
    CTD while in Cauldron Caves.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    It has to do with leaving FGU running with images open for an extended period of time .. I have a bug report open with Unity for it.

I was wondering about that ... cause it seems to run ok for days if i don't have a battlemap open ... haven't tested if it's a map with LOS on it, or just any open image? Question though, do u think this is the unity / lx issue that was / is related to the logs i've sent thus far within this thread? I've not sent more because each player-prev.log seems to be ending (near enough) on an error related to UnityPlayer.so ... i know my making that statement isn't a lot to go on but suffice to say when i look at comparative logs that i've sent the errors within player-prev.log seem pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    I was wondering about that ... cause it seems to run ok for days if i don't have a battlemap open ... haven't tested if it's a map with LOS on it, or just any open image? Question though, do u think this is the unity / lx issue that was / is related to the logs i've sent thus far within this thread? I've not sent more because each player-prev.log seems to be ending (near enough) on an error related to UnityPlayer.so ... i know my making that statement isn't a lot to go on but suffice to say when i look at comparative logs that i've sent the errors within player-prev.log seem pretty much the same.
    I don't think its Linux, because I tested this stuff on windows and have had similar crashes. Seems most of the actual Linux problems in this thread are mostly installation problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I don't think its Linux, because I tested this stuff on windows and have had similar crashes. Seems most of the actual Linux problems in this thread are mostly installation problems.

Good work troubleshooting that @jiminimonka! I keep forgetting that you've been validating your findings on a windows install!

Thread Information