DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 51 of 71 First ... 41495051525361 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

I’m very new to FGU, and just learning the ropes. Trying to get FGU running on Ubuntu 18.04 so my kids can use it as the player machine, but after the chmod command and starting the app, I am unable to click the Accept button the the TOS. Has anyone encountered that before?
    -Tass

Quote Originally Posted by Tassit View Post
    I’m very new to FGU, and just learning the ropes. Trying to get FGU running on Ubuntu 18.04 so my kids can use it as the player machine, but after the chmod command and starting the app, I am unable to click the Accept button the the TOS. Has anyone encountered that before?
    -Tass
    It might be an the UI scaling. Launch the updater, click Settings and then lower the UI Scale value to something like 75 or 50, click the Save button and then Launch Fantasy Grounds. Try that and let me know if you still have issues.

Submitted some more logs today from sessions over the last couple of weeks (SUPPORT-9831). Just more of the ongoing crash to desktop with no fixed pattern. I'm aware you guys know about it, but I give you these logs just in case there's something new in there to help.

How can I get to the updater if I can't click the accept button. It's not that it isn't visible, it's that nothing happens when I click it. It also seems like nothing happens when I click Cancel.
    Screenshot from 2021-02-14 16-15-59.png

I've downloaded the .bin again from Post#1 in this thread, then ran the updater. Waiting to see if it works.
    Update: No go.
    * Forced updater update - That did not solve the problem.
    * Executed from shell from ./smiteworks/fantasygrounds - That did not solve the problem.

Are there keyboard shortcuts for Accept or Cancel? There should be for accessibility reasons, and it would help in case of mouse problems or part of the UI failed.
    Last edited by Tassit; February 14th, 2021 at 21:31. Reason: Added more info.

Did you tweak this setting?
    uiscale.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You should have the image files from the last zip I uploaded. I'll send the campaign and let me know if you need the image folders again.

SUPPORT-9647 is the ticket.
    Here is another recent event - the doors are missing - the actual images are still in the same place but are not loading (either in the module creation campaign or the live one).
    Image and logs attached. In the mean time I am renaming those doors with the dimensions I used, so I can quickly replace them before the game tonight.

doorsmissing.png
    fgu_logs_20210215.zip (this has extensions but I disabled them all and loaded the module without, so not sure its an extension).
    fgu_logs_20210215.2.zip (this is the creation campaign with doors missing, I checked permissions, the files are all set to read & write or read only).

The problem with layers going all haywire only happens after tokens are added from the combat tracker and then table is closed.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 15th, 2021 at 12:50.

No, but changing it from 100 to 75 worked. Thank you Smelton.

Quote Originally Posted by cas206 View Post
    Summary: Server Crash
    Ruleset(s): 5e
    New Campaign: IWD-RotF
    Extensions/Themes: Official Language Extension (FR)
    Modules Loaded: The core 5e modules, PHB, MM, DMG, as well IWD-RotF
    Operating System / Language Setting: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (Focal Fossa) / Win10
    Steps to Reproduce: None that I know of. Seems to occur mostly in 3rd hour.

Lesson Learned:
    Save logs before restarting server. Maybe next time.

Background:
    I have about 1 server crash during 3 hour game sessions. First happened under Linux. Switched to Windows 10 for next game session. Not only server crash but Windows BSOD. Back to Linux. Two more game sessions, two more CTD.

This weeks game session:
    Players were on Gem Mine level 2. I started dragging icons from combat tracker to Gem Mine level 3. Some players started to comment that they could only see black. Could see icons but nothing else. I turned off LOS which fixed that issue. They could see whole map. 30 seconds to 1 minute later server crashed. When server restarted, game state was prior to when I turned off LOS. Will try to remember to get logs next time.
    Server crashed early in session while using Elven Tomb map. Logs attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please use the Compile Logs button to create a bundle of all of the necessary logs (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...o+Compile+Logs). When you say crash, do you mean crash to the Desktop or to the main FGU launch screen?

Thread Information