5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 48 of 71 First ... 38464748495058 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Was making a new campaign and went to make a drink - came back and it crashed - well locked up - non-responsive. Was editing a weapon effect on a PC. Lots of extensions, but I also had the same thing happen yesterday with a zero extension campaign.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you check to see when you video drivers last updated?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Can you check to see when you video drivers last updated?
    Yeah they are they lastest version of Nvidia drivers.

EDIT: There appears to be another version but its not reached my repo yet. I am on 460.32 and the newer ones are 460.39
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 4th, 2021 at 15:13.

What I mean is, did they update recently? I know FGU has been working for you for quite a while so I'm wondering if something changed. The dump in the logs shows the same issue a couple of other users have been having.

Oh yeah updated a few weeks ago to 460 from 455. Nvidia are slow with their Linux drivers.

Happened twice in a row now on the no-extensions map making campaign (maybe Author is installed) - selected a folder layer with about 12 assets inside and it froze. Happened twice in a row moving the same assets, which I said at the beginning of this sentence but its 1am.
    fgu_logs_20210205.zip

EDIT: Workaround was to move only 10 assets at a time - actually seems more like 22 assets in the original move - and type /save after each successful alteration.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 5th, 2021 at 01:39.

CPU is at 6% Memory usage at 2.5GB - gonna leave it for a bit see if it un-hangs. Its not crashed or shut down yet.

Infinity hang loop detected. OK so now I have tried moving 8 assets in a folder together - that worked. Some of them have LOS attached btw. They moved fine. But when I dragged the box to shrink them a little - hang time!

fgu_logs_20210205.zip

Just for testing purposes, I flipped over to windows and tried the same thing - and it crashed there too. Exactly same procedure - resizing and moving a folder with 8 assets inside it.
    fgu_logs_20210205_windows.zip

Thanks for checking that out on Windows too. I've assigned a bug for Carl to look at the last few posts.

Unfortunately, the logs don't have any information, which means it must be some sort of infinite loop or something. Do you have a sample campaign with included assets and specific steps that recreates the issue? That would help immensely.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information