STAR TREK 2d20
Page 47 of 71 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for checking. I've filed a ticket in our internal system for @smelton to check out.

Regards,
    JPG
    I just tried the latest version (01-15-2021) and when I try to export a character the program crashes to desktop. I was wondering if there was any new news or things to try for this issue? Thanks.

Please compile the logs and email them to support so I can take a look? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hey there @lazjen ... hope you catch this post, but can you tell me what extensions that you normally have running when you are GM'ing? As a player i've no extensions running, but as a GM I have quite a few, and when I am working on creating a module or when i'm doing some campaign prep work, I have quite a few extensions loaded. I'll list them below. My thinking is perhaps there's something different between a crash as a player and a crash as a GM. Perhaps if we have an overlap in extensions that we both use, then perhaps we can help figure out if there's another cause other than:
    fantasygrounds/UnityPlayer.so
    I note the above library because that's the one that i always see at the end of my "Player-prev.log", just before my FGU crashes.

Here are the extensions I normally have loaded when i run a campaign:

• 5E_Additional_Storage
    • AdvancedEffects
    • AudioOverseer
    • ChangeInitUpdateEffects
    • coins-weight
    • CoreButtonsFor5e
    • DOEBase
    • DOELocations
    • DWSI
    • Fantasy Language Fonts
    • Font-Ubuntu-FGU
    • HeroPoints5e
    • Moon-Tracker
    • MOTD
    • Theme_Simple_Brown

I am slowly going through and enabling 1 at a time to see if one causes. Why? Because I've left FGU running for 12hrs with no extensions loaded and it didn't crash. Hence I am wondering if one of the extensions is the cause. So far I've tested these 3 and haven't noted the crash: CoreButtonsFor5e, DOEBase, DOELocations. Tested those 3 first cause I suspected them ... so far they seem to be fine .. I'll continue looking.

I've experienced the total crash as a GM in a 5e game. I had only the two D&D Official Font Extensions loaded. Last weekend it happened three times during our three hour session. We had a couple of maps (Two of the split sailboat maps from Ghosts of Saltmarsh) loaded and the combat tracker loaded. Thanks to this thread, I found that I see the same errors as posted upthread in the ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy\ Grounds directory. I've attached the full Player-prev.log if that helps any.

As a test this week, I left those maps open with the combat tracker open and after a few hours it crashed. I then tried to run it in Steam via Proton (quick to test) with the same configuration and it did not crash after 5 hours. I'm a long time Debian (Debian 10) user and have had great success with Unity games running well on this system, so I was surprised by this. I also realize that this distribution is unsupported though, but thought that I could offer some further data. I will most likely try to run my game this weekend on another supported platform. Maybe I can setup a Ubuntu partition to further test later with the same hardware to see if it makes a difference.

For what it's worth, the GPU/Driver Info is:
    Renderer: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 418.152.00
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by selrivan; January 16th, 2021 at 14:01. Reason: Player-prev.log, wording

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Please compile the logs and email them to support so I can take a look? Thanks.
    Created a ticket #8980. Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Hey there @lazjen ... hope you catch this post, but can you tell me what extensions that you normally have running when you are GM'ing?
    I still crash as a player (I think the DM uses a decal extension and that's it), but less frequent than GMing

Ok, for me, I'm using:

• 5E - Additional_Storage
    • 5E - AdvancedEffects
    • 5E - Constitutional Amendments
    • 5E - Reliable Talent (I've made some mods to this)
    • 5e - Roll For Initiative Addon (Beta)!
    • 5e - Theogeek's Improved Critical
    • 5e Attunement Tracker
    • 5e Enhancer (I've made some mods to this)
    • D&D Official Language Fonts - just noticed I've got this listed and selected twice
    • The Decals from the essentials bundle items
    • Theme: FG Dark

Quote Originally Posted by selrivan View Post
    I've experienced the total crash as a GM in a 5e game. I had only the two D&D Official Font Extensions loaded. Last weekend it happened three times during our three hour session. We had a couple of maps (Two of the split sailboat maps from Ghosts of Saltmarsh) loaded and the combat tracker loaded. Thanks to this thread, I found that I see the same errors as posted upthread in the ~/.config/unity3d/SmiteWorks/Fantasy\ Grounds directory. I've attached the full Player-prev.log if that helps any.

As a test this week, I left those maps open with the combat tracker open and after a few hours it crashed. I then tried to run it in Steam via Proton (quick to test) with the same configuration and it did not crash after 5 hours. I'm a long time Debian (Debian 10) user and have had great success with Unity games running well on this system, so I was surprised by this. I also realize that this distribution is unsupported though, but thought that I could offer some further data. I will most likely try to run my game this weekend on another supported platform. Maybe I can setup a Ubuntu partition to further test later with the same hardware to see if it makes a difference.

For what it's worth, the GPU/Driver Info is:
    Renderer: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
    Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 418.152.00
    If you are running the native Linux client, why would you use Proton? Thats for the Windows client.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    If you are running the native Linux client, why would you use Proton? Thats for the Windows client.
    Correct, but for me the Native Linux client was repeatedly crashing. I was hoping to not have to use Fantasy Grounds on a different platform, so I wanted to test it for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jbergmann View Post
    I just tried the latest version (01-15-2021) and when I try to export a character the program crashes to desktop. I was wondering if there was any new news or things to try for this issue? Thanks.

I have the same issue, the logs do not record any information from the crash that I can see (last entries are module load).

ChromeOS 89.0.4389.16 running a Debian 10 container. I can /export and create module files without issue so basic file system interaction seem to be fine.

Update: /exportchar produces the same crash as the UI button.
    Last edited by Kalua; February 2nd, 2021 at 03:36. Reason: additional information

Not sure if this is Linux only and it's a minor nitpick....

When in FGUpdaterEngine, I hit "Settings", "Troubleshoot" tab, "Gather Logs". The light grey default text on the selection box says "Filename". Typing a filename just turns the box red with no explanation. A few seconds later the title bar "Choose Export Directory" was noticed and clued me into what the problem was, it wants a folder/directory/whatever name and not a Filename.

Thread Information