STAR TREK 2d20
Page 45 of 71 First ... 35434445464755 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

When there is an update the Check for Update button has a red border.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Yes its being updated at the same time as the lesser OS. 4.0.6 is the latest build.
    Awesome, thanks!

WR

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Yeah, it looks to be the same issue.. still working on trying to replicate it. Do you have any additional info that might help with that?
    Hey there smelton ... wondering if you've figured this out? I know that you asked if I've anything additional ... sigh! Man I've tried to see if there's a pattern but am not sure. I can tell you that it is a full on crash each time as i can see that FGU and it's process disappear from the systemmonitor/taskmanager. I can also tell you that if I leave FGU running overnight, no interaction, just left running, it'll crash too. To that end i'm attaching logs related to that. On quick glance it seems like the same issue as you are mentioning in the quoted text. I wish I could tell you that these crashes are related to working on adding LOS to battlemaps, or masking, or something related to map making ... but no that isn't it! I wish I could say that it's related to the players moving their tokens on the map ... nope ... because most of the time i'm working on a campaign with ZERO player involvement or ZERO connections from LAN or WAN and I still will experience the crash. That being said, I CAN SAY that most often i'll have noticed the crash after having left FGU alone and running while i walk away from the computer to do real life stuff. Hours later when i come back, it's crashed. Otherwise I can also say that I usually experience the crash during active campaign use as I GM a session. Most of my sessions are 3 hrs. Mid way through, definitely more than 60min, is when the crash happens, to which i've sent logs already. At which point it's myself restarting FGU, reloading the campaign, and the players once more connecting, and we continue on with business as usual.

Apologies that I don't have more to offer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Exactly the same boat as skj310. Same experiences.

I've moved from Gentoo to Kubuntu (so new install) - no change. Random crashes. I do get more crashes when I DM vs when I am a player. The last time we played over about a 5 hour session, I crashed 4 times. When playing I have crashed at least once per session - similar duration of 5 to 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    Exactly the same boat as skj310. Same experiences.

I've moved from Gentoo to Kubuntu (so new install) - no change. Random crashes. I do get more crashes when I DM vs when I am a player. The last time we played over about a 5 hour session, I crashed 4 times. When playing I have crashed at least once per session - similar duration of 5 to 6 hours.
    What graphics hardware does your computer have?
    I'm on an NVidia 960 on Fedora 33 and have only had one crash-to-desktop which never re-occurred.
    Last edited by bmos; January 10th, 2021 at 12:48.

I have not had any issues for ages. Manjaro. 5.10 kernel. Nvidia 1080ti although I'm gonna get an AMD card sometimes this year.

Blog Entries
    Hello everyone,

I need to interject here to let people know that while we are happy to support Linux as much as possible, we won't be able to spend direct time troubleshooting and replicating issues and problems on all the available variants of Linux. We had just a single support case for an unsupported Linux variant that took roughly half of a week for Steve to setup along with a few days for Derek in Customer Support. Most of that time was in trying to set up a new work environment to replicate the end-user's system. We never were able to recreate and isolate the problem. Our team really wants to help and they would continue to do so; however, as a management decision, we simply cannot spend that much time on unsupported systems. It pulls our team away from other important work that impacts a much larger share of our users -- including other Linux users.

Here are the specs for what we will be officially supporting. Anything beyond that may work, but you install on those platforms at your own risk. There are a lot of experts here on numerous systems, so feel free to try it out and share your results with one another. Just know that we won't be able to provide much assistance beyond the basic level of support for those systems. If you try it on an unsupported system and it doesn't work, please note that we do have a 30-day refund policy.

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher processor (SSE2 instruction set support)
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities.
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 2 GB available space
    Sound Card: A sound card is required for voice communication using external programs like Google Hangouts, Skype or Discord and for dice sounds.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope our reasoning makes sense to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hello everyone,

I need to interject here to let people know that while we are happy to support Linux as much as possible, we won't be able to spend direct time troubleshooting and replicating issues and problems on all the available variants of Linux. We had just a single support case for an unsupported Linux variant that took roughly half of a week for Steve to setup along with a few days for Derek in Customer Support. Most of that time was in trying to set up a new work environment to replicate the end-user's system. We never were able to recreate and isolate the problem. Our team really wants to help and they would continue to do so; however, as a management decision, we simply cannot spend that much time on unsupported systems. It pulls our team away from other important work that impacts a much larger share of our users -- including other Linux users.

Here are the specs for what we will be officially supporting. Anything beyond that may work, but you install on those platforms at your own risk. There are a lot of experts here on numerous systems, so feel free to try it out and share your results with one another. Just know that we won't be able to provide much assistance beyond the basic level of support for those systems. If you try it on an unsupported system and it doesn't work, please note that we do have a 30-day refund policy.

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    Processor: 1.6 GHz or higher processor (SSE2 instruction set support)
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities.
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 2 GB available space
    Sound Card: A sound card is required for voice communication using external programs like Google Hangouts, Skype or Discord and for dice sounds.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope our reasoning makes sense to you.
    Makes perfect sense, it is hard work supporting just a Windows system without Linux and 90000 different distros.

Perhaps a list of the library depencies for FGU Linux would assist people on distros that have issues?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    What graphics hardware does your computer have?
    I'm on an NVidia 960 on Fedora 33 and have only had one crash-to-desktop which never re-occurred.
    NVidia GeForce RTX 2070

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    NVidia GeForce RTX 2070
    Have you installed NVidia proprietary drivers?

Thread Information