STAR TREK 2d20
Page 43 of 71 First ... 33414243444553 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Some people say "crash" when they get kicked back to the launcher so I had to ask. In addition, I have yet to see a crash to the desktop that wasn't accompanied by a core dump recorded in the log files; I didn't find one in your set of logs. Either way, I reviewed the logs and the only event I see that fits your description happened at 7:46:21 PM, with the CONNQ error at 7:47:25 PM but that doesn't look like a crash to the desktop - the transition from the VTT to the launcher is logged, and the logs weren't reset which happens when FGU starts up. Did you compile logs immediately after restarting FGU from the crash?
    I'm not sure about the timing regarding the crash; I was more concerned about the networking error since I didn't see a reason for the crash (it's possible I closed it even), so that's what my bug report was trying to address (the crash-to-desktop was just mentioned as context in case it was related).

Hi there, Is there maybe any simple one-post tutorial how to install this?

Quote Originally Posted by Adasiek View Post
    The first post of this thread - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Linux-Testing (which is the thread you are in)

There's one with screenshots in our Customer Portal:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...nity+for+Linux

It took me a while to figure out there must be 'sudo' before this chmod command

sudo chmod +x /whole path of the file

and then sudo and the path of the file

The installations started, but crashed, saying some file is missing fantasygrounds.desktop

There was an advice on page 21 of this thread,

"You probably should not be installing as root now with the new install process.
    I'd suggest removing everything again as root, then drop back to your normal user and install there. Make sure your normal users is "clean" as well as per earlier instructions."

but I don't know what it means.

It took me a while to figure out there must be 'sudo' before this chmod command

sudo chmod +x /whole path of the file

and then sudo and the path of the file

The installations started, but crashed, saying some file is missing fantasygrounds.desktop

There was an advice on page 21 of this thread,

"You probably should not be installing as root now with the new install process.
    I'd suggest removing everything again as root, then drop back to your normal user and install there. Make sure your normal users is "clean" as well as per earlier instructions."

but I don't know what it means.
    What version of Ubuntu are you running?

Have you looked here? https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...nity+for+Linux

Don't give up and install Windows! Bear with and we will get you up and running.

I'm experiencing some issues getting people connected to my FGU game.
    Distribution: Slackware64-14.2
    FGU Version: 4.0.6
    Firewall: Disabled
    Long story short, if I select Public or Private cloud, it moves to a "Starting Cloud Server Mode <username>" screen but nothing happens, ever.
    If I start a LAN game using port forwarding on my router, no one can join.
    I'm also unable to join when launching a second instance of FGU on the machine and get it to connect.
    Has anyone else observed these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by izzle121 View Post
    I'm experiencing some issues getting people connected to my FGU game.
    Distribution: Slackware64-14.2
    FGU Version: 4.0.6
    Firewall: Disabled
    Long story short, if I select Public or Private cloud, it moves to a "Starting Cloud Server Mode <username>" screen but nothing happens, ever.
    If I start a LAN game using port forwarding on my router, no one can join.
    I'm also unable to join when launching a second instance of FGU on the machine and get it to connect.
    Has anyone else observed these issues?
    Type /console and compile a log and send it to [email protected]

I was able to initiate a public cloud game by enabling IPv6, is there a way to turn this "feature" off? I'd much rather continue to disable IPv6.

It should work without IPv6. Did you enable IPv6 on your PC or router? I'd really need to see your logs in order to determine what the issue is.

Thread Information