DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 71 First ... 32404142434452 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by hcjiv1 View Post
    Followed the instructions in the first post, uninstalled the previous deb package and removed the /usr/share/smiteworks and $HOME/.config/smiteworks directories. Then ran the .bin. It said the updater would start but nothing started. I went to the $HOME/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds directory and run ./FantasyGroundUpdater and got the following error:

Loading in SingleInstance mode
    munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer
    Aborted (core dumped)

My OS:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
    Release: 18.04
    Codename: bionic

Anyone else see this?
    In case anyone else runs across this, it turns out I'm running an AMD Radeon graphics card and using the proprietary amdgpu driver under Kubuntu 18.04. That driver apparently has a known issue with Unity. I simply uninstalled the proprietary driver returning to the open source version and FGU started just fine. Thanks to @smelton for catching this!

Quote Originally Posted by hcjiv1 View Post
    In case anyone else runs across this, it turns out I'm running an AMD Radeon graphics card and using the proprietary amdgpu driver under Kubuntu 18.04. That driver apparently has a known issue with Unity. I simply uninstalled the proprietary driver returning to the open source version and FGU started just fine. Thanks to @smelton for catching this!
    Is this the same https://forum.unity.com/threads/buil...-linux.920099/

Don't know if Ubuntu is on a rolling release (probably not) so might be a few months behind on versioning.

Blog Entries
    Hello again FGU Linux developers ... have had same issue again as per my last post. Mid session of a 5e game where I'm one of 5 players with the GM being the 6th. Same battlemap with the same 3 layers: battlemap image layer, fx myst layer as before, and with the same LOS layer.

Is it possible i need to add some firewall rules?

From the attached new logs, I don't think the issue is firewall buuuuut maybe i'm wrong. I suspect that the logs might not have what you need and am soooo close to thinking perhaps i need to remove and reinstall?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Hello again FGU Linux developers ... have had same issue again as per my last post. Mid session of a 5e game where I'm one of 5 players with the GM being the 6th. Same battlemap with the same 3 layers: battlemap image layer, fx myst layer as before, and with the same LOS layer.

Is it possible i need to add some firewall rules?

From the attached new logs, I don't think the issue is firewall buuuuut maybe i'm wrong. I suspect that the logs might not have what you need and am soooo close to thinking perhaps i need to remove and reinstall?
    No,.. unfortunately, this looks like a bug in Unity. Still looking into this one

Blog Entries
    righto .... thx for the heads up.

Had a crash-to-desktop in my game last night.
    Upon re-opening I got a networking error when the players were reconnecting.
    EDIT: error was "Network - Received unknown command (CONNQ)"
    EDIT2: I am running Fedora which I know is not supported, but this error is almost certainly not due to this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; December 18th, 2020 at 15:10.

Nothing to report about last Monday's session, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Had a crash-to-desktop in my game last night.
    Upon re-opening I got a networking error when the players were reconnecting.
    EDIT: error was "Network - Received unknown command (CONNQ)"
    EDIT2: I am running Fedora which I know is not supported, but this error is almost certainly not due to this.
    Did it kick you to the launch screen or crash completely?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Did it kick you to the launch screen or crash completely?
    Basically, I was mid-sentence talking to my players and then I was looking at my wallpaper.
    I also had a player who kept getting freezes, but didn't get logs. I'll ask her for logs next session.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Basically, I was mid-sentence talking to my players and then I was looking at my wallpaper.
    I also had a player who kept getting freezes, but didn't get logs. I'll ask her for logs next session.
    Some people say "crash" when they get kicked back to the launcher so I had to ask. In addition, I have yet to see a crash to the desktop that wasn't accompanied by a core dump recorded in the log files; I didn't find one in your set of logs. Either way, I reviewed the logs and the only event I see that fits your description happened at 7:46:21 PM, with the CONNQ error at 7:47:25 PM but that doesn't look like a crash to the desktop - the transition from the VTT to the launcher is logged, and the logs weren't reset which happens when FGU starts up. Did you compile logs immediately after restarting FGU from the crash?
    Last edited by smelton; December 18th, 2020 at 19:05.

Thread Information