Starfinder Playlist
Page 40 of 71 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

No need telling me what my player should do. He successfully installed FGU, I am just reporting what roadblocks he stumbled upon while doing so. It's a sensible request, because having mixed upper- and lower-case in the installation file-name is of no real use.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    No need telling me what my player should do.
    I wasn't saying he should or shouldn't do anything, and it certainly wasn't my intention to push back against your suggestion.
    I was just relaying some perhaps useful information on making use of standard shell features. Info that might make his overall Linux experience better, and maybe someone else's who happens to read through this thread.

It's a sensible request, because having mixed upper- and lower-case in the installation file-name is of no real use.
    Right now, it makes it more readable since the file name is all one word. If SW wants to go all lower-case with the name, I would be okay with that if they make judicious use of dashes/underscores to maintain readability.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Most *nix terminals these days have autocomplete. If he starts typing the name, he can hit the TAB key and it will autocomplete the remainder of the file or folder name. If there is more than 1 choice it could be, the terminal will usually beep and hitting TAB a second time will list the possibilities for disambiguation. They generally have a history file as well that can be stepped through using the up and down keys. That way, if there's just one thing off, he can arrow up, fix the problem and hit Enter.
    Agreed. Its not an issue.

Thanks for the hint then! I personally make avid use of tab-completing in Windows' command prompt.

Since my player failed to install FGU in several tries due to the mixed-case file-name it absolutely was an issue for him. Stating that it is not an issue isn't going to help anyone after the fact, because it is a user-experience that happened. That last capital I got him.

His typing is the issue then.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; December 2nd, 2020 at 09:06.

Followed the instructions in the first post, uninstalled the previous deb package and removed the /usr/share/smiteworks and $HOME/.config/smiteworks directories. Then ran the .bin. It said the updater would start but nothing started. I went to the $HOME/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds directory and run ./FantasyGroundUpdater and got the following error:

Loading in SingleInstance mode
    munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer
    Aborted (core dumped)

My OS:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
    Release: 18.04
    Codename: bionic

Anyone else see this?

CTD - Crash to Desktop

Fedora 32 (Linux)

I start the program and bring up the players to export a character, the program will crash to desktop. The program did not always do that because I do have exported characters before. I have tried starting the program from the icon and from the desktop.

I have attached the console.log and network.log but there is not much there....

/home/jbergmann/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64 -screen-fullscreen 1 -screen-width 1366 -screen-height 768
    Found path: /home/jbergmann/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64
    Aborted (core dumped)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you try running without the command line options?

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you try running without the command line options?

JPG
    Ran without command line options, also crash to desktop.

I passed on to @smelton to look at.

I also wonder whether using the command lines has caused the problem; because the Unity command line options get saved for future loads. I'm not sure that this is the cause; but I'm trying to rule out any non-standard usage issues.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information